Evie's Dad part 2

Evie could barely muster the strength to swim. She just wanted to sob. But she couldn't, she was underwater. It was a strange experience for her, crying underwater. She felt her eyes stinging but didn't feel any tears come out.

Evie  pushed herself and swam to Rita's. She didn't the mako pod to know her father knew. Who knows what they'll do to him? Evie surfaced in Rita's grotto pool an called out.

"Rita! Sirena! Ondina! Mimi! Zac! Anybody?!" She screamed between sobs.

Ondina came rushing in and saw Evie's red, puffy eyes and her mouth twisted with agony.

"What happened?" Ondina's blue eyes widened and she bent down beside Evie.

"My father, h-he s-s-saw mmmeeee," Evie sniffed between tears.

Ondina, who wasn't used to crying people, took a minute to decipher what Evie just slurred. After, she realized exactly what she meant. Oh come on! Another land person! The council won't like this,  Ondina thought.

"Is there any chance he'll keep quiet?" Ondina asked, a grave expression on her face.

"I-I don't know. He does dive tours. He goes after any attraction he could get," Evie made to get out of the water.

Ondina stopped her. They may have to go straight to the pod, but she needed more details first. Evie told her everything that happened. Ondina grew more nervous by each word. She didn't want to go to the council. She and Mimi were responsible for Evie becoming a mermaid. Ok, so to Ondina, it was Evie's own fault... but the council doesn't see it that way. If Evie's dad does or says anything they don't approve of, the pod's off to another location and Ondina and Mimi would be outcasts. Ondina was NOT going through that again. Was there a spell that could erase memory?

Ondina never erased a land person's memory before. Well there was the time with David when he was under Sirena's trance... that was it!

"Evie, I have an idea. We can erase your dad's memory. Follow me," Ondina dove into the pool and the two mermaids sped to where Evie's dad's boat was last parked.

Luckily, it was still there. Evie alone surfaced. She called out for her dad, who was sitting down, trying to figure out what he just saw. He was startled by his daughter's voice. Dread filled his insides. She was calling out to him from the side of the boat. Was she still a... mermaid? He slowly stepped towards the side and looked over. He froze and a gasp got stuck in his throat. Yes, she was still... it.

He wanted to ask how. He wanted to ask why. He wanted to ask her to change back. He wanted to ask her so much but he didn't know where to start. Then a voice started to sing and he went into a trance.

Evie covered her ears and watched as her father became woozy and drunk on the sound of Ondina's song.  Ondina had surfaced on the opposite side of the boat and had slowly made her way around to meet Evie. She then cast the same spell she put on David that knocked a person out of a trance and destroyed their memories of the trance. Once Evie's dad fainted, the two mermaids made sure the coast was clear, climbed aboard and dried off. Evie drove the boat back to the harbor and woke her dad up while Ondina pretended to be looking at a boat a few boats down.

He woke up and when he saw his daughter, he smiled. Evie breathed a sigh of relief and smiled back. But his smile started to fade and soon his features only exhibited anger.

"What did you do to me?" He got up off the floor and backed away from his daughter.

"Nothing, Dad. You said to meet you here and when I arrived you were lying on the floor. You gave me a real scare," Evie's insides curled.

"Enough lies, Evie! I remember I took you out to go diving and then you went in the water and became a...a-" He started.

"Dad, hush! Not so loud!" Evie stopped him.

Evie felt tears stinking her eyes. The spell didn't work.

"The last thing I remember was sitting in this very boat when you called me and I looked over and you were a you-know-what," He spat, "So what did you do to me?"

"I put you in a trance and used a spell that I thought would erase your memory of what you saw," Evie whispered as she slowly approached him.

Ondina heard this and groaned under her breathe.

Evie's dad saw Evie's scared face and broke down into angry tears. How could she lie to him and deceive him?! Was she even his daughter?! Evie explained everything. She explained how her transformation was an accident. She explained how there were others and that she had to keep it a secret to protect them. She had to confess her fear of him using them as a new attraction. She told him so much that she was left in tears and his anger had diminished. He understood. There, that afternoon, father and daughter built a better bond and understanding, that lightened both their souls. Not only their souls, but Ondina's too. Now, she didn't have to tell the council. Evie's father was no threat. In fact, this meant his dive tours would be away from Mako. Ondina smirked. Land people, she thought. 

Hi everybody! I loved your idea on making him angry at first but ok after. I thought about what woul make him angry (besides the lies) and so I came up with this.  So who's ready for the next season?! I'm upset that Sirena won't be in it because she was my favourite character (besides Nixie, of course) but I'm so excited that Rikki's back!!! I miss h2o so much :*(

XOXO

~Lazy Daisy Lizey