CHAPTER XXIV - Spiral

_-_Jordan's P.O.V_-_

The damp grass bent softly under our feet.

The sun was beyond the horizon. Night would befall us soon.

Tyler said nothing to me as we wandered. Just as well, I can't make sense of anything myself, the silence between us was fine.

My thoughts are jumbled now. There's so much I need to take in. Bodil...What is he? What has he done?

Every little movement Tyler's hand made, he wimper. I had fixed cloth from his sleeve around it, and the rest of the jacket as a sling. I don't know first aid, but they do it in movies when the guy gets stranded alone in the wild.

Bodil had seemingly disappeared into thin air after his outburst. After helping Tyler, I had spent a minute searching for him, to no avail. There was nothing for us to follow towards him, no indication of him at all. So we were headed back to the smoldering Hub. Quentin had stayed behind, so I'd expect him to still be there. He should be able to help Tyler, and I can talk to the others about what's been going on. I have no reason to withhold any information.

I glanced at Tyler's hand. He was taking it like a champ.

"Tyler... How was Bodil able to break your hand?"

"Well...I mean, it happened so fast, but I think he grabbed it and crushed it. Then I fell back. That was all physical contact he made..."

A thought crossed my mind. Bodil doesn't really look like a strong guy. He's quite scrawny, to be more exact. So did he really break Tyler's hand? Tyler is taking it well, or is it just really swollen? Again, I don't know much about medicine. However... Bodil's eyes did glow that red colour.

Something odd is going on here. It seemed like he was fighting himself...Or someone else?

It was almost as if he had two seperate personalities.

My heart skipped a beat. I was onto somethimg here.

"Didn't it seem like Bodil had two seperate personalities?" I asked him.

"Yes..I was just thinking that. What's more, it seemed like they were fighting for...Control? It's not making much sense, but that's what it felt like."

He was onto something.

"Did you see his face when he hurt your hand?"

Tyler shook his head. I expect as much, I didn't see it either. The trees had cast a shadow over his face, I had seen only the cornea of his eyes, when they had seemed to glow.

"I'm guessing you didn't see his eyes either, then?" I question.

Tyler shuddered. "Er...Now that you mention it, they did seem prominent. Like, they were a reddish colour. Almost like they glimmered through his sunglasses..." Ah.

"I don't think Bodil has purposly hurt anyone...Well, at least none of us. I know he said some odd things about fault, but I don't think his mental condition is prime at the moment. His eyes did seem to dim, and then he started apologizing. I think he's...Well, insane. He probably didn't say or do all he did intentionally. Something odd is going on back at the Hub as well. Maybe something had occurred that triggered...Whatever it is he's suffering from. I mean, have you seen him ever behave so strangely?" I said aloud. Tyler nodded along, thinking.

"No. I get what you're saying, and I can follow your logic. Bodil has somehow become criminally insane. I can't think of anything that might've triggered such behavior, though? There's got to be something that happened in the Hub, that would be the cause of it. It's a good thing we're headed there though."