Chapter 3

I could hear things, but i couldnt see. I heard bits and pieces of conversations "is she ok?""is she hurt" "should i call the ambulence" then i heard a loud voice "shh, everyone go away". My eyes started to ajust to my surroundings, i was still in the coffee shop, and i think i was on my back on the floor. He was staring down at me with his beautiful eyes.

"Willow, you're awake! thank god" he slid his hand under neath me and lifted me up with his hand on my back and pulled me into a hug. But i didnt hug back, i just left my arms hanging there. He pulled out of the hug and looked at me sternly, like he was looking into my soul, reading my mind.

"are you not happy to see me?"

Something snapped inside of me "happy? HAPPY? HOW COULD I POSSIBLY BE HAPPY TO SEE YOU AFTER WHAT YOU DID TO ME. YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST POP UP IN PARIS AND THINK ILL BE OK WITH THAT?"

"no, calm down, we are in a public place" his voice was soothing, and made me want to calm down

"you never even bothered to contact me, to see if i was ok. You didn't care" I said softly.

My head drifted towards the floor but he placed his hand under my chin and tilted my head up so we were looking at each other again. "Dont say i didnt care, because you know i did, and you know why i couldnt contact you"

People were starting to stare at us now. I looked around self consciously and said "can we talk about this somewhere a little more private please"

He let go of my chin and said "no,, i dont want to talk about it anymore, the past is the past and should be forgotten."

I sighed as i knew he was right

"can we please just, i dont know start over?" he said

"i dont know, well its never really going to be like how it used to be" I said playing our old memories over and over again in my head. I sighed and shook my head "i dont know jayden, i don't know"

"Look, how about you give me one more chance at just friends, i wont act on you or anything, just friends please!" he put on puppy dog eyes as he knew i was a sucker for them a hug smiled grew on my face and i burried my head my in hands to hide it. "jaaayyyydeeeeeeeen"

"please, please, please, please" he whispered over and over in my ear.

I looked up at him a small smiled and said softly "alright"

He picked me up and spun me around, I giggled and playfully hit him so he put me down. He lent his forehead on mine and whispered "i missed you so much!"

i wanted to say it back, but i wasnt really sure if i did miss him or not, i never expected him to show up out of the blue. so "yeah" just came out. A touch of hurt flickered across his eyes.

"well" i said breathlessly we should get going, you can crash at my house if you want"

"well, i was thinking you could come back to Sydney with me?"

"uh- i don't think so, umm 'you know who' rang me up today and asked me to go back, it made me realise how not ready i am"

"What a jerk, ringing you up like that"

"SAYS YOU! coming here out of the blue" i said

"well, you know me, i go crazy if i cant see my loved ones"

I laughed and nodded. "Ok well, we'll stay in Paris for now ok"

"Ok then"

I paid for my coffee and we slowly walked back to my house. We chatted about random things, but I mostly wanted him to talk about what's been happening in Sydney.

"So this is it" I said as I opened the front door " oh and don't mind my dog Poppy, she'll just do her own thing" "Jayden?"

"Mm?"

"What's the time?"

"Uhhh around 4:30 I think"

"Shit I need to feed her" I walked into the kitchen and quickly got poppy's food out and put it in a bowl and placed it on the floor.

"Ok, so if we go upstairs, you can see the rooms, there are only 2 rooms Stacey my friend that stays with me but she's never home and mine, so ill pull a mattress in my room for you ok?"

"Sounds like a plan!" He said as he dumped his backpack on the floor

I looked at him up and down "did you bring any clothes?"

"I have a few t shirts and some jeans and a beanie in my bag, but I wasn't planning on staying a while" he chuckle

"ok then, for now you can use some of my bigger t-shirts" I walked out of the room and back downstairs. Under the stairs was a storage place where the mattris is. "JAYDEN" I called out "CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THE MATTRISS PLEASE"

I heard him run down the stairs he had changed into a muscle tank I stated at his arms dazed by his muscles. He waved his hands in front of me. I snapped out of my daze and choked out "uh- um- uh it's just there"

He nodded and grabbed the mattriss, instantly his muscles flexed I looked away quickly to stop me staring and helped him pull it up stairs. He dumped it next to my bed and placed bs backpack on top of it.  

I quickly went to a cuboard and and grabbed a blanket and a pillow and set them out on his bed.

"Alright I'm going to go have a shower" he said

"Ok it's just out of my room to the right"

He walked into the bathroom but before he shut the door I stuck my head in and said "make yourself comfortable" I shut the door thinking this will be an interesting night.