5 [history and drinking spree]

Sean Andrew Clarkson

I jumped out of the window and walked casually out of the yard. I wiped the blood from my mouth and admired my surroundings. It feels good to see the sun.

Few vampires have this kind of privilege to stay and admire things in broad daylight. We have different vampire species and I was lucky to born in the highest species.

​Our species is called Homo Wampyrus Sauria. Our appearance is extremely human except that we have retractable canine teeth in our upper jaws that are hardly noticeable. We are known as the "reptile" vampire. We can withstand extended periods of sunlight without the aid of sunglasses and loads of sunscreen.

​To the teenage girls that is reading this we do not S-P-A-R-K-L-E. And if we do sparkle it's because of the tanning lotion we're using because when you put tanning lotion in a vampire's cold skin, it sparkles or we glow.

​So to my fellow vampires I advise you to stop using tanning lotion, those advertisements are doing nothing but to fool us and give us false hope. My brother and I tried it, we applied it at night and when we switched off the lights.

​Damn. We looked like glow in the dark hot vampires. So I say stop in the name of vamp.

​And may I add mwa-ha-ha.

​That was lame. I know, back to my history.

​We have 4 species.

​First is Homo Wampyrus Draco, just like us they are extremely human in appearance and they have retractable fangs but they have medium tolerance in light and they will perish in a couple of hours of direct sunlight. They often take jobs as night watchmen and club bouncers.

​They often gain their blood through willing donors and some of them do pleasure in taking blood by force due to the fear factor and release of adrenaline.

​Second is Homo Wampyrus Chiroptera, these vampires are the rarest of the vampires because they are the "bat" vampires. Most of them are concentrated in China and India. These vampires appear to be very human other than a slightly pointy pair of ears and sometimes with a lantern jaw. They socially mix well with humans but hate to be around crowds. They are sensitive to sunlight and experience blisters and pain after some time in the sun. They are capable of shape shifting but, they can only do that in a length of time and the right amount of food.

​Third is Homo Wampyrus Nosferatu, they are often referred to as the "deformed" vampires. But for me I call them vampire zombies. They are less common than the Wampyrus Draco but are surprisingly numerous. Their change into a vampire is not an easy one. The individual's immune system has fought the virus and it's forced to mutate in order to survive.​

​The end result is a twisted and disfigured vampire. Usually it is a high domed head that is bald with a visible network of livid veins; the face is long, thin, drawn, has deep creases, has sunken eyes; the ears are large and pointy or membranous nose is upwards and revealing the nostrils; the hand have long tapered fingers often with an extra joint with sharp, discolored nails; stands with a hunch because to straighten their back causes extreme pain to their twisted spines.​

​All of these abnormalities are the reason why they are anti-social with both humans and vampires. They obtain blood through children or even from farm animals. It has been speculated that the Puerto Rican Chupacabras, Goat Suckers, are excessively deformed Nosferatu Vampires. They are moderately sensitive to sunlight and can tolerate it for hours at a time on a dull day. They can perform certain shape changes but they vary from case to case.

​And lastly our species, the Homo Wampyrus Sauria and among the four species we are the highest of all of them. We are very outgoing and are often businessmen who have amassed great deal of wealth through our long lifetime. However we are extremely susceptible to depression and most commonly the victims of suicide. One of the examples is my dad's suicide.

​And due to our extreme social abilities, you might think that we are the most considerate feeders. Wrong. We are the most brutal of all. We often rip large pieces of flesh from the victim, usually from the thigh, upper arm or throat. We will devour the flesh and drink the blood from the gaping wound until the victim perishes. This rarely happens now because of our modernity. Now we obtain blood by buying or getting it from willing donors whom are cut with razors rather than teeth.

I didn't notice that I was already in front of our house. I spotted our mini camper van and decided to go to Mr. Stan's Blood Bank.

--

Less than an hour later, I'm driving home with 36 bags of blood. It was enough for us for one week.

"I wonder where will we put these stock of blood? I think we have a spare room in the house or in the basement. We will just make it as a ice house where we can put these things." I muttered to myself while tapping my fingers at the stirring wheel.

​I'll tell Will later to make it like that, since I'm the one who did his errand. For the meantime I'll just put these things in the coolers.

​It was nine in the morning when I came back. As I entered the living room, a strong familiar smell attacked my senses. It almost knocked me over and made my vision fuzzy. I blinked for a few times to regain my vision. I tried following the scent and came to a halt in front of my room. I slowly opened it and found Will walking back and forth at the side of my bed.

​"Hey." I greeted Will who was still debating with himself and continues to go back and forth. He's completely lost in thought.

​I used my powers to get his attention and mentally shouted him.

Will the house is on fire!

He let out a high-pitched scream and jumped out of the room busting the windows.

"Such a stupid drama queen." I rolled my eyes at him. I took a seat at my bed and found it bumpy.

​"I think I should buy a new bed." I said fixing myself to a comfortable position. I'm uncomfortable sitting on the uneven bed but at this place the scent is more intoxicating.

​"What the hell are you doing to her again, Drew? And why did you trick me? I almost fell face first from the building." Will growled.

​"Calm down, man. Let me explain first, I'm not doing anything I'm just sitting at my bed. I did that to break you from your reverie because I've been calling you for 120 times just like your age dimwit. I didn't know that you'll react like that but man, I can say that you're such a chicken for a fire? Really? You've been alive for too long and you're afraid of fire."

​"Forget about that you dickhead. You're sitting on her, Drew." Will told me crossing his arms.

​"Her? Who am I sitting at?" I asked, getting up from my bed.

​The bed looked bumpy and my blanket covered what's under it. I pulled the covers and was welcomed by a girl sleeping peacefully at my bed.

​"Why didn't you tell me earlier? I might have killed her by suffocation." I looked at him and half shouted when I remembered that there was someone sleeping at my bed.

​"Well, sorry for not telling you, sweetie. If I was here I could've warned you and said, Drew don't use your butt to sit on her face. No, but I was tricked by a handsome dick of which is also known as my brother and I almost fell straight to the ground. Thanks to my powers I didn't fell face first." He cooed at me with his most annoying girly voice.

​"I'm sorry, okay. I didn't know you'd react like that. There's something strange about this girl. I haven't smell something like her scent before, it's intoxicating and I think my body yearns for her blood. I don't know if I'm just hungry or something is wrong with me." I told Will who was deep in his thoughts.

​"Maybe it's because you're hungry or she's your mate. Dad told me something about mates. He said that you'd identify your mate because she have a unique and irresistible scent-"

I zoned out as soon as I heard that irresistible scent. After so many decades, I'm finally going to meet her.

​"Are you even listening to me? Drew." Will poked my ribs.

​"Yeah, sorry. I was just thinking. So what did you say?" I asked him while looking lovingly at my possible mate.

​"I said could you read her mind when you saw her?" Will asked.

​"No, I don't think so, or it's because I'm just focused on my hungriness." I told Will while recalling what happened last night.

​"Why don't you try it now." Will suggested.

​"Okay, I will."

​"No, you're Drew." He said laughing at his silly joke.

​"Shut up and get out. I need to focus. "I said smiling.

Will nodded and started walking out of the room. I focused on my possible mate.

"Drew you need to erase her memory about last night, she might freak out when she sees you now." Will said worriedly.

​"Yeah, thanks for the reminder."

​"No problem, man. Good luck." Will said, heading outside of the room.

​I closed my eyes and used my powers to read her mind I can feel that she's awake. First thing that I did was to erase her memory last night.

And then I tried if I can read her mind.