Chapter 2: It Begins

At school I meet up with my best friend Toni. When I see her she's talking with Michael (Yes, Michael is a girl)

"Hey guys what's up," I say as I open my locker. Michael whispers to Toni and looks uncomfortable.

"No! You! I'm not doing that to my best friend!" Toni says angrily at Michael.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"We don't want to be your friend anymore," Michael said rudely "We were only friends with you to get close to 1D and you never let us meet them! What's your prob?!?"

"Michael! There is NO 'we'. YOU don't want to be her friend I do! Ok? Are we good here?!?" Toni said defensively. Michael scoffed and stomped off.

"You go girlfriend!" I said to Toni.

"She's just like every other girl in this school except for me," Toni said obviously still angry.

"Would you just calm down, Toni?" I asked her walking backwards.

"Fine. Hey where's Noah," she asks. Noah is my boyfriend and usually meets up with me every morning.

"Ya know what? I have no clue I haven't seen him at all and he hasn't texted me since last night," I said.

"Hmm. I wonder if he took an early practice this morning. Lets go check the field."

We ran to the fields.

"Well, he's not here," I said out of breath.we stopped and looked around.

"Cafeteria?" Toni asked.

"No I would've seen him."

"Lockers."

"Neh I don't think so."

We both looked at each other and said simultaneously "Roof top gardens!" After ten minutes of running and speed walking we finally got there. Walking up the stairs I see Noah turn around.

"Hey Evie,"Noah said smiling.

"Why didn't you text me this morning," I asked him.

"Mom got real sick. She's got a real high fever and her skin is getting open sore's," Noah said looking worried.

"I hope she gets better," I say as we walked downstairs.

"Ms. Tomlison, Ms. Ring, and Mr. Greene you are late... again. And you have missed a pop quiz which counted as a major grade for the 9 weeks. Now, please take your seats," Our home room teacher Mr. Bloodworth told us.

Suddenly the intercom came on and the principal Mrs. Hackney started speaking frantically," Children school is now dismissed because of a strange epidemic all over the United States. Please be careful on the roads and I will send an e-mail when school is back in session."

"Noah!!!" I yelled out at the crowd of frantic teens. I see him push towards me and in seconds both Toni and Noah are beside me.

"Meet at my house. Fast as possible," I say before I get pushed into the crowd.