Alone Together

2013

"Trick, I'm fine. No, Christopher coming over today," I sighed into the phone. Christopher was my boyfriend of 2 years, and I was now 26 and Patrick was 28. Patrick was often bored when not working, but I spent a lot of time with Chris when I wasn't working at Island Records. It was hard to make time with just Trick. "PUHH-LEASEEEE?!" he begged. He wanted to go ice skating. "I'll see if Chris is okay with it, I guess. Hang on." I texted Christopher telling him something came up. "Okay Patrick, pick me up at 3. Bye," I hung up and got ready. I wore my Fall Out Boy triangle symbol sweatshirt and skinny jeans with high top Converse. I applied little makeup, only mascara and concealer, because I was comfortable with Patrick.

I waited and then heard a beat he had created for knocking on each other's doors. "FLOR!" he yelled. That was his nickname for me, since Florence was a mouthful. He hugged me tight. I still wasn't used to his smaller figure, and I kinda missed the chubby Trick, because he was a giant pillow when I was tired. His smile was wider than ever. Pete rounded the corner. "Hey Florence, Trick made me join so I could fall on my ass on the ice," he chuckled. "Hey Pete, haven't seen you," I laughed and hugged him too. We got in Pete's car and drove to the ice rink, listening to the radio quietly. We got there and rented skates and began skating. Patrick was right. The second we let go of each other's hand, me and Pete fell on our butts. I laughed, but Pete had a grumpy look on his face. I pulled him up and he gripped to the wall. I met up with Trick and grabbed his hand. I knew paparazzi would find us, but Patrick and I were best friends, so what?

We laughed and spun each other. I was always so happy around the band, and they accepted me.

After a hour of falling and screaming, we went to the local pub. We all ordered 3 shots each. We were still sober after, though. "Flor?" Patrick stared at me. "Yeah?" "Pete and I have an idea!" I laughed. "What may that be?" I asked. "We should get matching tattoos!" yelled Pete. I nodded. We paid and ran to the car and sped to the nearest tattoo parlor. We decided what to get. Pete's eyes scanned his iPhone. "How about one of our lyrics?" "Ooh! Can we get one from From Under the Cork Tree? It's my favorite album!" I squealed. Patrick thought for a moment. "Hmm.." "Oh! The one from Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year!" I smiled, excited. "I swear I'll burn this city down to show you the lights?" Trick questioned. "Yeah!" We all grinned and told the guy what we wanted. I got mine on my forearm, Pete on his back, and Patrick on his back as well. I only had one other tattoo, which was a treble clef. This one hurt way more. After we were done, we posted on Twitter. "I really like it," Patrick said. We all agreed. We went back to my place for a movie.

That was the day I got a permanent memory.