Prologue

The sun was a scorching 38 degrees striking the city of Tel Tzora, the famous Israelite archeological site. Despite the heat burning on her already tanned skin and the physical urge to rest, Mary Jane Aldrin’s will to study Samson’s tomb kept her going. The moment the newly graduated Harvard archeologist heard about the news that the Israeli government was allowing research to be made in Tel Tzora, she booked the next flight to the city.

By the time she reached the tomb, she wasted no time resting. Mary Jane immediately observed the object of her study and it’s environment, jotting the occasional notes every research was composed of.  She touched the stones, looked around through sand and gravel, digging through for artifacts. And by sunset she had found a discovery of her own.

~ * ~

After heading back to camp Mary Jane had a bite for dinner and took a quick shower. Eager to yet find out about the old book she dug out right under Samson’s tomb. With a deep breath, she blew off the dust covering the crispy pages, cautiously opening the first page.

“The highest judges of the Israeli tribe have decided to alter the events in their testament to save the Israelite reputation. These fools. If they were truly the nation of Samson’s living God, there should be no need to distort the truth.

Nevertheless it is I who is really the simpleton. With hopes of this testament to be found I remain silent to avoid the law of the Israelites. Because of my cowardliness the fate of Samson and I shall remain unspoken forever if God wills it. And yet there is hope in me that the truth shall escape these pages and be revealed in its own time.

I testify as the only living witness from the Philistine Catastrophe. I, Delilah, daughter of the Philistine Leader Levant write this testament as the truth against the high judges of the Israelite Nation.”

Mary Jane’s  jaw propped open. This wasn’t just a discovery of her own, this was a history changing artifact from the biblical Delilah herself. Forgetting to report on her own journal, Mary Jane continued to read on the testament she held in her hands.