Chapter 02

ITSA

" Dobbenberg is going, Dobbenberg is going, she passes to Stevenson, gets in front of the - STEVENSON, STEVENSON, great pass, IT'S DOBBENBERG WHO SCORES, DOBBENBERG SCORES!!! "

I jumped and my teammates hugged me like I was the queen on earth. I made the winning goal. I couldn't believe it. I was decisive. It was me and no one else.

Everyone was shouting and singing and clapping their hands. I looked around and noticed Julian together with Martin. It was like two weeks ago I had seen Martin. Honestly, he's the only thing what has been on my mind these weeks. It felt weird.

We got back in positions and I saw the zero changing into a 1, 1-0 for us. Purple-white was winnning. Because of me. Normally it's hard to score for me because I play in the back. But now the corner was my chance to score and I did. I hope I got my basic position now and I hope our coach will let me start every game. I know, after one goal it sounds ridiculous.

After 5 more minutes the referee made the final whistle and we went to the changing-rooms. I changed my game-tenue for a trainig-tenue of our team.
When I Ieft my brother and Martin were waiting outside. Julian took me by my neck and rubbed his fist all over my head.

" You were so good, amazing game, well done, Dobbenberg! " he shouted, his voice full of joy.
He let me go and it became quiet for a while. Everyone was smiling and that's it.

" I'm so proud of you " Julian added and he threw his arms around me. It feels good to have a brother like that.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling of a hug. It's special. When I opened my eyes I saw Martin staring at me and our eyes met again. I couldn't look away. Like my eyes were frozen.
I got that feeling again, just like before when we just met and I liked it.
I let my brother go and saw Martin was going to say something.

" Great game " he said, still smiling.

" Thank you " I think I started blushing again.

Why?!

He tapped my shoulder. To compliment me. It didn't feel like that. It felt more than that.

Holy fuck, what am I thinking?!

I shook those thoughts out of my head and followed Julian to the bar of our team. Where we Always hang out after the soccer games we won. It's cozy at the beginning but the later it gets the more fun it gets and the better the music gets.

Julian ordered some drinks for us and we started talking  about the game. But the only thing I did was watching Martin.

Why?

Good question.

" Clara? "  I heard Julian's voice, wich sounded a bit dim to me.

" Clara! " his voice got brighter.

" Yah? " I blinked my eyes a few times before I put my attention on Julian.

" Gurl, if you stare at Martijn, please be a bit more subtile please " he laughed. Why is he Always laughing when I'm looking, talking, smiling or whatever at Martin?

" What? " I tried to sound like he wasn't right.

" You heard me " he winked. What was he trying to say?

" I didn't see her staring at me " Martin came between us, sipping his beer.

" I bet you did " Julian gave him a little push, like he did sometimes before.

" No, I did not " he almost couldn't hold his laugh.

" You're blind then " my brother kept laughing. I didn't understand what was so funny here?!