Flashback I

19th of May, 2004 in Amsterdam

" You are just a little girl, what do you think?! " they kept laughing and laughing, without stopping.

" You are nothing against us " they shouted. Their laughters echoed through the empty and dark Streets.

" And there's no one who will protect you " they came closer. Too close. I started screaming. As loud as I could until the guys covered my mouth with one of them's hand.

I started pushing them, pulling their jackets, kicking them, slapping them. But I was so little. They were so big and so strong.

I was scared. I had never been as scared as this. I actually never had felt the feeling of being scared. Because I was Always protected by the right people. But now I wasn't.

Why did I leave my brother's hand? Why did I run away? He probably was way too worried. Why did I do this to him? Why did we discuss?

The guys were trying to drag me to another place, but I kept pushing and kicking. They laughed again.

" Stop making so much effort which will lead to nothing " one of them said.

Another slapped me in my neck because I didn't want to do what they asked me to.

But then like a light in the darkness someone yelled.

" KAREL, LET GO " a Dutch accented boy's voice echoed through the empty street. The guys started to move faster but I knew my saver was right there. And I was going to help.

I kicked one of them backwards on his knee and he almost fell down. The two others grabbed both my arms. My mouth was free again.

" Help! " I screamed.

" Since when do you guys mess with little children their lifes? " his voice was calm. No worries to be found.

" Like you have to decide what we have to do " probably the Karel guy said.

" I protected you guys for years, but this is the limit "

" For god's sake, what happened to you? "

" I changed "

" Yeah, that's clear "

" Let her go now "

" No "

" What's the fucking reason for this? "

" We love to try different things, you know "

They were so busy discussing. I thought this would be my chance to get free. I should kick or scratch them and run as far as I can.

And I did.

But I didn't come far. The last guy was too fast. I felt arms getting wrapped around me. But to my surprise they weren't the arms of one of those guys. They were the sweet boy's arms. He held me so tightly. The warmth of his body was similair to my brother's.

That third guy started pushing the sweet one too. But he kept going. Protecting me.

I couldn't see who it was. His face was covered with darkness. I could only see some sparkles in his eyes.

Beautiful.

I noticed a smile.

" HEY! "

Julian.

He found me.

" Let my sis go! " he screamed.

" I can't, those three idiots tried to ... " he stopped talking.

" What? " Julian asked, coming closer. I noticed the guy actually left. Smart. Now Julian would think this sweet guy who saved me is trying to kidnap me or something. But he just didn't.

" Umm.. "

" I don't see anyone here but you "

I was scared. Julian had to believe him.

" Wha... " the guy let me go and stood up.

" What did you - " Julian got interrupted...by me.

" He saved me "

" How did you dare to run away from me?! " he snapped.

" Don't yell at her, she's shocked " the guy tried to calm Julian down.

" What happened? " Julian sounded so worried. I couldn't handle it.

" I don't know, I just saw some guys dragging her and slapping her and I couldn't let it happen so I tried to, yeah, save her " he explained.

" THEY SLAPPED HER?! " Julian freaked out.

" I'm okay "

" Who were those guys? "

" Umm... I don't actually kno - Karel, Mathys and Florian "

" Last names? "

" I don't know "

" Okay... Thank you " Julian smiled.

" No problem "

" And you, I hope you have learned why you have to stay with me " he looked mad in my way.

" I'm so sorry " I tried not to cry.

" You could've been gone or ... raped or worse... " like he wanted me to cry. I didn't know how to react.

" But... I'm so glad you're okay " he came to me and picked me up, hugging me tighly.

He put me back, thanked the guy again, smiled at him and we left.

Leaving that guy behind, I promised myself I'll be grateful to him forever.

Even though I didn't know who he was.

" Never do that again to me " Julian whispered while we were walking.

" I won't " I whispered back, taking his large hand.

He grabbed mine and I felt safe.