Chapter 21

Thomas texted me. Ugh. More drama. Yay. [T-Thomas S-Steph]

T- Hey... Uh... I just wanted to say sorry for kissing you I didn't mean to... I just like you okay? And I know you don't like me back so I'll back off. But, you were the first friend I ever made so please text me back Stephanie

S- I forgive you I guess... But just stop kissing me and stay outta my relationship please

T- Trust me, I will. Don't you have a job interview tomorrow?

S- Yeah that's why I should get some sleep so I won't be tired

T- Yeah... You should do that... Good luck!

S- Thanks

I actually listened and went straight to bed. I basically slept all day and now I'm gonna sleep all night.

•The Next Morning•

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock filling the room. I shut it off and rolled out of bed to find a professional outfit to wear for my interview. I'm 18 so I havta look as responsible as possible. I chose a light blue button down with a black skirt, black tights, and black heels. Once satisfied with what I chose, I did my hair. I just straightened it and for make up, I went with a neutral look. I got changed and left. The interview starts at 9:30 and it's at this huge office building. Once I arrived, I had 10 minutes until it started. I got out of my car and walked to the front desk. "Hi. I have an interview with... Wes Ball."

"Ah yes, you're Stephanie?" A young woman asked me.

"Yes," I replied.

"Right this way," she said and directed me to this big room that looked like it was used for meetings.

"Stephanie Oakley?" A man asked.

"Yes, I'm Stephanie," I said.

"Hi, I'm Wes Ball, I'm a director and this business basically helps with movies. So if I decide to give you the job, you interview people who want their own movies and we'll see if I agree," he explained.

"Okay," I said understanding.

"So let's start with this interview," Wes started. "Why do you want to work here?"

"Honestly, I have always been interested in business. This job seemed very intriguing and really cool," I answered.

"Alright. How old are you?"

"I'm 18 and I'm still going to school," I answered and Wes smiled. The interview kept going on and on with a bunch of questions. I think I nailed it.

"Alright, that's the end of the interview. I'll call you this week to let you know if you got the job and Stephanie, you have a huge shot of getting this job, enjoy the rest of your day!" Wes said.

"Thank you, Wes. Enjoy the rest of your day too!" I said walking out. I got in my car and squealed. I drove straight to my apartment where Dylan was waiting for me. I opened the door and he was at the kitchen table on his phone. "Hey Dyl!" I said happily.

"Hey," he said standing up. "How'd it go?" He pecked my lips.

"Great. He said I have a huge shot in getting the job!"

"Steph! That's amazing! Oh so here's officer Smith and Officer Jones. They're gonna be arresting Cody," he explained.

"Hallelujah!" I shouted. They both laughed and sat back at the table. There was a knock at the door. Cody. I walked over to the door and opened it.

"Hello Stephanie, I'll be coming in now," he walked in. "Oh hey Dylan weird seeing you here,"

"How is that weird? She's MY girlfriend," Dyl said putting emphasis on 'my'. Cody gave him a confused look.

"Oh so you chose him," Cody said reaching in his pocket. "Well, you won't have a choice now," he pulled out a gun.

"STOP! Cody Christian, you're under arrest for...." I zoned out. I looked at Dylan and smiled. I walked over and hugged him. Dyl wrapped his arms around me tightly. We pulled apart as Cody walked out of the door, not fighting back. Once he was completely gone, I turned back to Dyl and he picked me up and spun me around. I'm so happy that Cody is officially outta my life for good.
••
A/n
Hi!! Soooooooo here's a chapter... BYE CODY! Tbh he was starting to annoy me and it's my story 😂😂😂 btw idk how much longer I'm gonna make this... I think it's getting boring and there's so many fillers that I'm just like no ew... I'll try to come up with something good but if not I'm gonna end this story and start a new one like my maze runner fanfic... It's gonna be a Newt fanfic so it should be good. I had one before and it was really confusing and I forgot a bunch of things so I'm starting a new one which is in draft form so that should be up after this one... Ty guys!
-Kelly