Appearance

I've never hit that make-up stage where I assume you just wake up one day hating yourself and every inch of your physical appearance. There are three possible reasons for this:

One, I dont have time to apply and remove make up everyday, and by "I don't have time" I mean "I don't want to take time out of my day to".

Two, I've been A-ok without it for the past 17 years, I'm not ready for that kind of change.

Three, the Catfish effect. I don't want to look like Kylie Jenner when I have makeup on then remove it and look like a deceased member of ABBA. (fact check - non of ABBA are actually dead. Yet.) If I look adequatly average everyday I'm happy with that and plus there's a bonus! On the odd occasion when I decide to throw caution to the wind and apply some mascara people think I really tried, oh how naive.

Contouring? You're lucky if I brush my hair and wear skinny jeans (they're more of a commitment than I thought). Tease, straighten, curl, dye, ombre my hair? You're lucky if I wash it on a regular basis. Hey, don't judge me, a little dirt is good for your hair...keeps it healthy, or desperate, I forget.

See the thing is I never made friends because I was pretty (which is a fucking relief cause I'd be lonely) I made friends because I could make them laugh, whether through jokes or personal presentation is still yet to be determined but I'm confident it's the prior.

Do I give Tyra Banks and her forehead a run for their money? Almost. Do I also slay the catwalk like a m'fucking Queen. No. No I don't...well this was depressing. But I can discuss That's So Raven and The Simpsons endlessly so you know, who's the real winner here!?... Still Tyra?.... I also agree.

What I'm trying to say is don't get too caught up in looking like Cara Delevingne (the girl crush is real though!) We all get ugly, some quicker than others but it happens to everyone... who isn't called Angelina Jolie. Have people form their opinions based upon interaction with you not from a glance. Let them know the resting bitch face is infact a reflection of your personality because let's be honest, it probably is.