III

My group of friends, Michael, Calum, Ashton, and I, aren't the most popular kids here in Jackson High. That title goes to the jocks. We are the kids who mess around and occasionally go to the bathroom to get out of class to have a nice smoke, or make out sessions in some cases. Despite all of this, the kids at school do know us for one thing. We throw the best parties. Well, according to everyone else. All we do is invite a crap-load of people to Cal's big ass house and bring booze and music. I guess another reason that helped me is that I was dating Angela Benson, previously the hottest blonde at school.
    "Nice party last night, boys."  Chris Edwards wooed and slapped my ass.
    "Our pleasure." Ash said trying to stifle a laugh. The other two were doing the same.
    "Dammit, why is it always me." I cursed, embarrassed as well.
    "The way I see it" , Calum says looking into the distance, dramatically, might I add "He's going to be the jock who is secretly gay and you, my good man, are his fantasy."
    "And you, my good man, are an idiot."  We were walking down the hall, when we spotted Brooke. Naturally I stepped forward, because I was the one who usually messed with her. The other boys just sat back and laughed. I could tell that she was in a hurry, trying to get all of her papers sorted in her white binder. I remember thinking she was pathetic, and that made me want to do something even more.
    "Hey, Brooke." I said menacingly and cracking the K. Okay, when I say that, imagine someone popping the P off of the name Hope. Now transfer that to the letter K.
Now before I continue, I need to say this. I was a total asshole and I understand that. I feel bad for everything that I have done to her. This story shit is supposed to help me, or at least that's what my parents said. Some closure or something like that.
After I said her name, I saw her freeze, and when she turned around, her glare was icy cold. "What the hell do you want, Luke?" You would think that this sounded pretty confident, but in reality, it just sounded a bit shaken. "Oh nothing. I just wanted to say 'Hi'. You know you're going to be late to class, picking up all these papers from the ground." I said innocently and grabbed her binder, pulled out all of the papers and threw them all around us. Dick move, I know. The other boys were smirking. Well, all except Ash. He just stared at the ground. Brooke was rushing to pick up all of her papers and at this point, there wasn't anyone who could help her. I just laughed and the four of us waltzed into first period.
We all had the same class for first, Brooke too. Then we separated. I met with Mikey for third and had Brooke for fourth. Then it was lunch. After lunch I had Ash and then I had Brooke for seventh.
Brooke ended up coming in late, earning a glare from Mr.Stewart, which I smirked at. After that, things were normal. I sat through boring lectures and barely wrote any notes and then, finally, lunch arrived. I met Ash at our usual spot at the bleachers. We had some small talk about how Mrs.Espinoza had a stick up her ass today. After the other two boys came, we just talked. We don't eat lunch. We usually end up getting food after school, anyways.
Angela came running towards us, boobs bouncing and everything. God, doesn't that hurt or something? She threw her arms around me and I gave a fake happy sounding "Hey, Ang."
"Oh I missed you so much, baby. Why don't you ever text me or call me back??" she said with a fake pout. "Oh you know. I have limited minutes." That's a lie, I have unlimited minutes. "Angie! Bae! C'mon we're going to stop by starbucks. Stephanie has our lunch passes." Thank God, Angela's friend, Chelsea, called her over there. I swear I couldn't take her fake shit.
More time passed and finally I was in the last period of the day. I used to love this class, because I sat behind Brooke. I always messed with her this period. When I walked in she was already sitting in her seat. I walked towards mine and smiled sweetly at her and took my own seat. This is when it started. After about twenty minutes, I got bored so I decided to have some fun. I leaned forward and flicked her head. After she took the option of ignoring me, I kept doing it. Then I got my pencil and tapped her head. Not too hard though. I soon got even more bored then I was before, so I ripped some paper and wrote some nasty things. I then threw the paper above her head and on her desk. Unfortunately, Mr.Hamilton caught me. He walked over to our desks and grabbed my note, unfolded it and read it. He started to read it out loud, but then he stopped because of the content. I will give you and your imagination a hint. It was sexual. You see, I knew this would fluster her, because she would never expect me to say anything like that to her. Now the only people who were flustered was Mr.Hamilton and I.
"Alright, Hemmings. You are going to have detention in my class for an hour after school. Today." he said firmly.
"Dammit, see what you do, Brooke." The whole class was amused. Except for me, obviously.
After detention, I  walked out, fuming with anger. Like the idiot I was, I was looking at the ground and bumped into another human being, causing both of us to fall to the ground. I looked up and saw Brooke Anderson, picking up papers again. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked her angrily. "I'm in the poetry club and we had a session, today." I looked at the papers and picked some up. "No! Please don't!" she pleaded. I stuffed the papers into my back pocket.
"You're such a fuck up. I don't know why you try so hard to be here." At this point, I was so angry that I didn't give a fuck that my words were making her cry.
"Why don't you just kill yourself? No one needs you here anyway." Brooke gasped. Her face became emotionless, tears still streaming down her face. Then she just walked away.