Chapter 3

“What’s with the hippie tone?”  Jesy asked me, as soon as I entered the school. Today I was wearing my purple blouse with flower print and a pair of  black, skinny jeans. I had my favourite necklace with a yellow peace sign on it, around my neck and I had a massive ring on my fingers, which said H-I-P-P-I-E.

“My style is a mix of hippie and boho. Something like Kelly Kapowski, from Saved by the Bell.” I explained. People usually don’t understand my style, but as long as I liked it – I didn’t really care much.

“Never heard of her. However, it suits you, you remind me of a little flower.” she said and I chuckled because of her description.

“Butterfly.” I corrected her. I loved butterflies.

“Whatever, my little hippie friend. My style icon is Gwen Stefani. She’s a goddess.” Jesy said, her eyes glowing just by mentioning Gwen Stefani.

“Hi, guys.” I turned around and saw River, one of Jesy’s hiphop friends, greeting us.

He was tall enough not to make me feel uncomfortable and like a toddler near him and he was really slim because of dancing. Half of his head was shaved, while the other one was dark brown. He had pierced ears and one of his eyebrows, too. You could call him a good looking guy, but he was just not my type.

“Woah Perrie, you’re a hippie?” he asked, surprisingly raising his pierced eyebrow.

“Partly.” I responded, not really wanting to get into the whole story again.

Suddenly, I felt something strange. My neck cowered and I quickly touched it with my hand, searching for a cause with my fingers. There was nothing on my neck, but I could still feel something odd, creepy. I felt like … somebody was watching me.

I turned around but I didn’t see anyone. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears. I could swear somebody was watching me at the moment and I had a pretty good idea who it was.

“Perrie, are you ok?” Jesy interrupted River and gave me a worried look.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine.” I said fastly, trying to look as normal as possible. I shoke my head. This is ridiculous.

I bit my lip and forced myself to listen River’s story, instead of freaking out and hallucinating. After all, I was just being paranoid.

Zayn’s POV

I was standing in the hall with Louis, Harry and Niall and watching Perrie. Thankfully, there were two columns between us and she wasn’t able to see me. But I could see her.

She surprised me with all those hippie stuff she was wearing – she didn’t seem like hippie at all. She was standing with Jesy Nelson and chatting, when that king of idiots – River Hale, appeared.

He was a male dancer, which meant he already had trouble with self-esteem. Besides that, he had a pretty arogant attitude towards everyone and he used every opportunity to mock people behind their back. Not that I was a saint – but at least I showed people that I dislike them.

That scum was now approaching them and much to my dismay, he greeted them and put his hand on Perrie’s shoulder. It was obvious, even from here, that he fancied her.

I was watching her turn around and smile at him, hoping she was just being polite. I didn’t like the idea of them together. He was not a guy for her.

“What’s wrong, mate? Is that drag queen making problems again?” Niall asked me, alluding on River.

“Kind of.” I said, quickly getting attention from Louis and Harry. I bet Harry immediately saw another chance for a good fight.