Chapter 3

"It's time, Igor," Doctor Finklestein begins, "fire it up!"
Igor cautiously waddles over to the a large, black lever. He examines it for a few seconds before putting all of his weight on it to try and pull it down. After many failed attempts, the lever is pulled down and electricity begins to spark. A few watts start out in the chamber, but become various sparks of electricity within a few seconds. Electricity shakes and slings the inanimate object. Doctor Finklestein and Igor stand back in awe as the creature opens its eyes.
"It's alive!" Doctor Finklestein exclaims. Igor runs over to the large handle and pushes it back up, shutting off all electricity. Doctor Finklestein walks over to the creation and looks at if for a few seconds. The creature is looking around the room.
"Hello?" The being says with a confused look on his face.
"Hello my boy! Welcome to the world!" Doctor Finklestein says. He then takes the boy of of the chamber and sets him down on the floor.
"Did you make me?" The boy asks.
"Why yes I did! My name is Doctor Finklestein, evil scientist here in Halloween Town, but you can just call me dad. And your name is Terror."
Terror begins absorbing all of the knowledge that he is being told. He begins to analyze the room and the people standing in it.
"Terror. What a terrible name," Terror replies.
"Why thank you, I picked it out myself," Doctor Finklestein replies proudly.
I see how this works, now I can plan Terror thought to himself.

Back at town hall, all the ghouls and monsters were celebrating at the birthday party for Haunt. There were various party games like pin the skull on the skeleton and spin the pumpkin.
Jack walks onto the stage to make a brief announcement. "I just wanted to take a moment and thank all of you wonderful creatures. My son, Haunt, is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Sally and I love him oh so dearly, and you all have accepted him and supported us all the way. Thank you for showing us love and friendship." Jack finished his speech. The citizens clapped as he sat back down next to Sally and Haunt.
"Thank you Jack for that wonderful speech. We will continue to support you and your family, and we are glad to have Haunt here with us." The mayor begins to talk but is interrupted when the doors are opened loudly. A shadow stands in the doorframe.
"Happy Birthday Terror!" The shadow says. The shadow is then revealed as Doctor Finklestein. He has Haunt sitting in his lap. "What an excellent birthday party for my new little creation!" The Doctor smirks.
"Doctor Finklestein! How rude of you to barge in on our birthday party!" The mayor says, his head turns to sad.
"Well, since Sally has run off and had her own child, I made my new prize creation. So it's Terror's birthday too!" Doctor Finklestein laughs.
"You can't do this to Haunt! I won't let you!" Sally exclaims.
"Do what? Make a new replacement? You never know, they could become the best of friends." Doctor Finklestein replies, still smirking evilly.
"Doctor, get out of here!" Jack says. He stands in front of Sally and Haunt.
"Fine, outcast me and my new creation. He will become the best! He will tower over your little Haunt!" Doctor Finklestein laughs again and leaves town hall, slamming the door behind him.