Chapter 2

I walk into the office, and immediately I'm stunned. No one is even here! I look around the building looking for someone, but find no one. I'm standing in the middle of the office thinking to myself where everyone is, and then I hear something fall in the break room. I put my stuff down on my office desk and head over to the break room. When I open the door I see ribbons and streamers and glitter on the floor. I look up and see the whole office crew. "SURPRISE!" they all scream. I'm once again so shocked I can't speak. One person brings out a cake, another person brings out drinks, and the rest of them just talk to one another. My boss walks over to me, wraps his arm around my shoulder, and leads me out of the break room. " Dave, I don't understand, what is the surprise party for? " I ask confused. "Well, you have been working really hard this past year, and I have decided to make you Vice President of this company! ". My eyes open wide, my mouth drops to the ground, and I can't move. " T-t-thank you so much! Oh my Gosh! " I stumble out of my mouth. My boss laughs and pats my back. " Let me show you to your new office. " he says leading me to a door that has my own name plate on it. He opens the door and points into the direction of a office desk. I look at him and smile. " This is amazing, I can't thank you enough. " I say thoughtfully. " No problem, keep up the good work! " he says as he exits the room. I pack up all my stuff from my old desk and put it in my new office. Maranda comes in with papers and says " Sorry to ruin your celebration, but you know these papers aren't going to fill themselves out. ". "No problem, nothing can ruin a day like this! " I say happily. I head into the break room, grab my self a piece of cake and a drink and head back to my office to fill out paper work.

      After work, I head downtown to Twigs. It was the new restaurant that Josh wanted to take me to tonight. He texted me and said he was already there. When I got there, I got out and went inside. The restaurant was crowed but the scenery was magnificent! There was a waterfall pond in the distance, there was a see threw bubbles wall, and they had what looked like to be a forest underneath part of the glass floor. No wonder why everyone was here.
   " Sir, do you have reservations here? " the waiter asked. " Uh, yeah. I'm meeting Josh Alexzander here. " I say looking around for Josh. " Ok, follow me please. " the waiter says walking away. I start following the waiter, who leads me to the back of the restaurant. When we get to the reserved part of the restaurant, I see Josh siting at the table. I say thank you to the waiter and walk over to the table. " Hey babe! You made it! " Josh says. " Wouldn't miss it for the world! " I say sitting down at the table. " I have some great news! " I say to Josh excitedly. He smiles and says " lay it on me. " I tell him the story about my sister, and then I tell him about my new promotion. He is stunned how crazy my day is and says " Wow! Congrats! I'm so happy for you. " I smile and say " So, what did you want to talk about? " He looks down at the ground and then looks back up. " We have been together for three years now, and I know we have a plan to get married two years from now, but I thought maybe we could have a baby. " I sit and think for awhile and then he says " Nevermind, it was a stupid idea. " I take his hand and say, " No, no, it wasn't a stupid idea. I want a baby too." He smiles and kisses me.
   For the rest of the night, we talk about our future plans together.