Chapter 6

While we were shopping, we ran into an old friend of ours. At first we weren't sure it was her, but then she turned around and screamed in excitement " Hey! Jessica?! Andrew?! Is that you?! " Jess laughed and ran to her old friend. " Amy! " They both hugged eachother and laughed. " Oh, it's been too long! I missed you! " Amy said happily. Then she looked at me, "Andrew, look at you! I heard you were getting married to....um.....oh what was his name again..." I smirked as I watched her try to guess. Then I said " Josh. " She looked up from her train of thought and laughed. "Right, I'm sorry! " I hugged her and said "It's fine! It's the thought that counts anyway, right?" We all laughed and Amy told us about her sister having a baby. I stood and watched Jess and Amy laugh and talk; the smiles on their faces made me lose focus and I started day dreaming.
"Andrew? Andrew?!" Jess was yelling. I snapped out of it and realized she was talking to me. "Oh, um, what?" She looked at Amy and said, "He has been like this all day! I don't know what has gotten into him. " Amy smiled and shrugged. Jess looked at me and said " Amy and I are going to walk around a bit, okay? Are you going to be fine if I leave you?" I smiled, rubbed the back of my head and said " Uh, yeah. I should be fine. You two, go have fun!" Jessica gave an unsure smirk and hugged me. I hugged her back and then, I felt it. She giggled and looked down. The baby kicked, and I felt it. It brought a warm chill down my spine; just the thought made me happy. Jess and Amy walked away talking and laughing, catching up on what they missed, and I stood there in that spot, just thinking. What will it be like when I have children?