Chapter 4

I stared at Jess. I had no words to what was going on inside my head. I just picked up our stuff, took her hand and lead her to the car. We drove in silence, and when we finally arrived to her apartment she turned and looked at me. " I can't go, I can't live there with him. I just can't. " I took her hand and squeezed it. " Wasn't going to let you. We are going to go in there, get your stuff and leave. You are going to stay with me and Josh for now. " She didn't smile when I said this, but I knew she was still happy, she just couldn't show it.
    When we walked inside her apartment, she immediately went to the closet. She pulled out two large suitcases, and started packing. While she wasn't paying attention, I snuck into Justin's office and looked around. I found a recent picture of him and a girl. He was kissing her, and I immediately knew he was cheating on my sister. " That Jerk! " I silently screamed to myself. I shoved the photo into my pocket and kept on looking. I found money, which I took, and left the office, leaving it the same as I found it. I walked into their bedroom where Jessica was just closing the second suitcase. She double checked she had everything, and we left.
   When I got home, I was greeted by Josh. He gave me a welcome home kiss, and I lead him to another room. I told him about our new situation, and he was confused at first, but then he understood. He showed Jess to the guest bedroom, and she started unpacking. After awhile of silence in the house, Josh turned on his music and started cooking. That is his motivation when he cooks. The whole house fills up with music and the amazing smell of food.
    I can hear that my sister is getting in the tub. I am filling out paper work when she comes out in her pajamas, with her wet hair tied up in a ponytail. She sits down on the couch and beings to write what looks like a letter. I try to read it from my spot but it's too far away. I get up and walk behind her, but before I can read it, she puts it up against her chest and looks at me with a you-can't-read-it-dummy face and I walk away. She folds it up when she's done and puts it in an envelope, addresses it, and mails it away.
    An hour later, Josh calls us over for dinner and we all sit together. When we are eating, I try to take things off of Jessica's mind. I start talking about how crazy work is getting with my new promotion. " I would never be able to work in an office. You continue to amaze me Andrew. " Jess said laughing. I smiled and looked to Josh. " How was your day babe? " I asked him.  " Well, not much happened in the kitchen today, so I suppose nothing really. " Josh owns his own restaurant, and he is the head chef; therefore, when he cooks, it's amazing. For the rest of the time, we talk about our past and other random things.
    When Jessica is finished with her dinner, she goes to her room. Josh leads me upstairs and pushes me on the bed. He kisses me and I kiss him back. He unbuttons my shirt and takes it off of me. I give him my not-such-a-good-time look and he smirkes. " Come on, it's been awhile. " he says in a sarcastic way. I smile and say, " We can't, what about my sister. " He laughs and says, " doubt she'll care, pretty please? " he pouts for awhile and I respond with, " Ha ha ha! Fine, but not too crazy. " he smiles and kisses me. Then our night leads into something I will not explain.