Chapter 14

Claire's POV

I woke up around 3 from nightmares of my past. I groaned and sat up in my bed. I got up and grabbed my robe from the back of my door and wrapped it around myself. I went over to my dresser and grabbed my pack of fags. I walked over to the glass doors in my room. I opened them and they led to a small balcony. I sat down on the lounge chair I put out there. I lit up my fag and took a puff. It felt good have a fag. It has been a while since I have had a fag. I couldn't help but think about what that arsehole is doing right now. I hope he is rotting in jail and that another inmate made him his bitch. He was a good father when my mum was alive but when she died, he took out all his anger on me. I needed him more than before when my mom died but instead he became a fucking arsehole. I ran my hands through my hair in frustration. All I want to do is sleep. I am so fucking tired but because of that arsehole, I can't sleep. I haven't gotten a proper nights sleep in a very long time. I sighed and went downstairs to lay on my couch and watch the telly. I plopped down on the couch and turned on telly. Nothing was really on. I wish Lilly was here. When she slept with me that night, I still had nightmares when I went to sleep but I felt safe when she was there with me. I wish I could call her but she is sleeping. I sighed and laid down on the couch. I watched Family Guy until I fell asleep again. I woke up 2 hours later. I groaned and threw a pillow across the room. I am so fucking sick of not being able to sleep. I sat up and put my head in my hands. I grabbed my phone and dialled Lilly's number before I could stop myself. I put the phone to my ear and listened. The phone rung a couple times before it went to her answering machine. I sighed heavily but I knew she wouldn't answer. Her answering machine beeped.

" Hey Lilly. I am sorry to ring you so late but I just needed to talk to someone. I am just having a hard night. I can't sleep and I felt that if I called you, it might help. Anyway I hope you have a good day at school tomorrow." I said and hung up. I put my phone down and sat up. I went back upstairs and grabbed my pack of fags. I went back downstairs and went to sit on my porch. I sat down on my porch swing and lit up a fag. I rocked back and forth on the porch swing and took puffs of my fag.

Lilly's POV

I woke up around 7:30 and stretched. I yawned and sat up. I groaned because I have school again today without Claire. I really hope that Michelle doesn't try to bully me again. Claire is coming back tomorrow and if Michelle keeps picking at me, Claire is going to confront her. I don't want Claire to get into trouble the first day she comes back. I sighed and got up off my bed. I put on a pair of skinny jeans and a hoodie. I went into my bathroom to brush my teeth and then brushed my fiery red hair. I decided to leave it out in its natural curls. I went back into my room and grabbed my bag and phone. I looked down at my phone and it said that I had a missed call and a voicemail from Claire. I looked at the time and it said 5 am. I furrowed my eyebrows at my phone. Why would she call me so late? I pressed voicemail on my phone and listened to the message.

Hey Lilly. I am sorry to ring you so late but I just needed to talk to someone. I am just having a hard night. I can't sleep and I felt that if I called you, it might help. Anyway I hope you have a good day at school tomorrow.

She sounded very tired and scared. I tried to call her back but she didn't answer. I am worried about her. I can't go to school unless I know she is okay. I grabbed my car keys and ran downstairs. I passed my mom and she called out for me.

" Lilly, where are you going? You don't want breakfast?" She asked me. I groaned and went back into the kitchen.

" I have to go to school early today for soccer practice." I lied and she smiled at me.

" I am glad that you are doing something you love. Are you sure you don't want somethings to eat before you go?" She asked me and I shook my head.

" I have to go or else I will be late." I said and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I left the house and hopped into my car. I drove to Claire's house and pulled into her driveway. I got out of my car and ran up to her door. I knocked and waited for her to come to the door. I heard someone coming to the door and it opened to reveal a very tired looking Claire.

" Good morning love." Claire said and she tried to show a smile but failed. I moved closer to her and grabbed her face with my hands.

" You look horrible. Have you gotten any sleep?" I asked her and she shrugged.

" I think I got like an hour. What are you doing here?" She asked with a sigh.

" I heard your message. You sounded desperate. I tried to call you back this morning but you didn't answer. I thought something happened to you." I said with a worried expression. She sighed again and put her hands on my face and pulled my lips to hers. She gave me a passionate kiss and then she pulled away but kept our foreheads together.

" I called you because you are the only one that can make me feel like my world isn't going to crash down on me. Last night, I kept waking up when I tried to fall asleep so I just stopped but I was really feeling bad so I wanted to call you. I knew you wouldn't be awake but I needed to hear your voice. I am so happy you are here right now." She said with her eyes closed. I smiled at her and leaned in and gave her another kiss. I pulled away and looked into her eyes.

" Why don't you try to get some sleep?" I said to her and she shook her head.

" I can't. I tried already. I kept waking up from nightmares." She said with a frown.

" I'll stay here with you. Just try to get some sleep. You need it." I said and she shook her head again.

" I can't ask you to do that. You have school. You will miss it if you stay. I appreciate you coming to check on me." She said with a sigh.

" I am staying. It looks like you need me more and besides, I am doing fine in school. I can miss a day. No one will miss me anyway." I said and she frowned at me. She sighed and nodded.

" Come on in." She said and she stepped to the side. I walked in and she followed me. I grabbed her hand and pulled her upstairs to her bedroom. Once we got into the room, I let go of her hand.

" Now lay down." I said and even though she was tired, she managed to smirk.

" Well if that's what you want." She said with a wink and I blushed. I smacked her in the arm and she chuckled.

" I meant lay down and go to sleep. There will not be any sex today." I said and she pouted her lip at me. Unbelievable! Even when she is tired, she still manages to flirt and be super sexual. I shook my head at her and pushed her towards the bed. She laid down and I walked over and put the blanket over her. I kissed her forehead and then went to go sit in the seat next to the bed but she grabbed my wrist.

" Lay with me. Please." She said with pleading eyes. I smiled and nodded at her. I got under the covers with her and she put her arms around my waist and pulled me closer to her. I turned around so that I was facing her and smiled up at her.

" Get some sleep. I will be right here if you need me." I said and she gave me a kiss on the forehead before her eyes slowly closed. I cuddled into her chest a bit more and I slowly fell asleep with her.