Chapter 40

Claire's POV

We pulled into Lilly's drive and she turned off the car but made no move to get out. I looked over at her and she was staring at the house with a nervous expression. Her fingers were drumming against the steering wheel.

" Calm down love. Everything's alright. I'll be right beside you." I said to her and she nodded. I reached in the back for my crutches and got out of the car. I hobbled over to the front door with her and she opened the door. We entered and we didn't see anyone.

" Mom? Dad?" Lilly called out and her mum and dad came out of the kitchen. They had smiles on their faces until they saw me. Their smiles immediately dropped and were replaced with glares.

" What are you doing here?" Her father asked me angrily.

" I'm here to talk to you." I said and he balled his fists at his side.

" I told you to stay away from my daughter. I don't want her getting hurt because of you." He said through gritted teeth. I sighed trying to keep my anger down. He's Lilly's father. I don't want to say anything or do anything that I will regret.

" I didn't come here to fight with you sir, I came to talk to the both of you. Can you please hear me out?" I asked and they were still glaring at me.

" Please mom and dad." Lilly pleaded with them. They sighed heavily and nodded. They walked towards the living room and sat down on one of the couches. Lilly and I sat down across from them.

" What do you want to speak to us about?" Her mum asked. I looked over at Lilly and she looked nervous. I intertwined our hands and gave her a reassuring smile. She gave me a small smile and took a deep breath.

" Claire and I are back together." She said and her parents gasped.

" What? I told you to stay away from her Lilly! She's bad news! She will only get you in trouble or get you hurt! I won't let that happen!" Her father yelled at her. I clenched my fist but tried to remain calm.

" She's not bad. You guys only see what you want to see. Claire is a good person. She does get in trouble a lot but that doesn't make her a bad person. She treats me like a princess. Isn't that what's supposed to matter? Why can't you just accept that I'm happy with her?" Lilly asked.

" Because she is not good. You don't see it but your mother and I do. She will only get you hurt. You were never getting hurt or bullied until you met her. She makes enemies. I bet it's her fault that she's injured right now. She probably did something and made an enemy. I won't let her hurt you." Her father said and I have to admit, that hurt.

" It's not her fault! You have no clue what she's been through! She has been through a lot of shit that you couldn't even imagine! If you knew half of the things she went through, you wouldn't be judging her so hard! I love her and there is nothing you can do to change that! I am going to be with her whether you want me to or not!" Lilly yelled at her father. I can see how angry and upset she is getting. I regret bringing her here. I squeezed her hand but she didn't look at me. She was having a stare down with her father.

" Like hell you will! I forbid you from being with her!" Her father yelled back.

" It's not your choice dad! How are you going to stop me?" She asked and he glared at her.