71. Stay

Oscar pushed open the door to the Hospital Wing and dumped Remus on the nearest bed as Madame Pomfrey ran over to them and gasped, "Oh my! What is going on here?"

Oscar attempted to explain, his head mushed into a continuous panic, as Remus groaned in pain and Persie put her hands on the end of the bed. It was like flashing red lights were going off in her head. She tried to make her breathing go back to a normal pace as she pushed herself away and began to walk back and forth, thinking of calming thoughts. Sirius, James, Sirius, Sirius, Lily, Sirius, Peter, Sirius, Sirius.

"Pers, what happened out there?!" Oscar exclaimed as she shook her head and took to leaning on the end of the bed again, "Oscar, seriously, I can't deal with this right now-"

"WHERE IS HE?!"

Persie's head jolted up at the sound of Sirius' voice from the other side of the door, before she began to walk towards the hallway slowly.

"Miss Potter, you can't go anywhere." Madame Pomfrey tried, before she just continued to walk, managing to pull the door open just a slither to slip out into the corridor. Sirius hit her so fast, it almost knocked the wind out of her.

"Don't do that again. Please, promise me, don't scare me like that ever ever again, Pers, please." Sirius said hurriedly, brushing her hair off her face quickly before she moved his shaking hands away from her face, "I'm fine-"

"You aren't fine! You almost fell off a tower-"

"And I'm fine. Can I at least sit down without you freaking out?" She asked, before Lily swallowed nervously, "I'll go see if Remus is dead yet."

"Me too." Peter and James said together as they scuttled off after her and Sirius sat down in a huff, "I hope so."

"Sirius-" Persie said in a warning tone, as she sat beside him and he wrapped an arm around her shoulders, "I'm not apologising. As soon as he can stand up straight, I'll punch him until he can't walk again."

"Please. I don't have the energy to stop you or the patience to talk you out of it." She groaned as her head fell on to his shoulder and she felt him shift his weight so she was sat in between his knees and his back, which was pressed against the wall.

"Will you come and see me later?" Persie asked, before Sirius shrugged, "Can I not just come with you?"

"Can we go now?" She questioned, before he turned his head to watch her face, "If you want."

"Just get me out of here." She stated, wrapping her arms around his neck as he picked her up, and began to carry her back to the Room of Requirement.

"I hope you don't expect this all the time. I'm not a broomstick." He told her, making her smile to herself, "You're meant to be my best friend. This is your job."

"No, no, no. You've got my job description all wrong." Sirius smirked, before she raised an eyebrow, "Oh, really? I thought you were good for nothing but carrying me places."

He laughed, before continuing, "Well, carrying is only part of what I do. I also,  worry about your safety all the time, make a good companion for your brother and scare anyone anyway that looks remotely shifty."

"Well, I have to say, you're not particularly good at the last one." Persie told him, "Please don't kill Remus."

"I can't even speak about it right now, I'm beyond pissed off." Sirius said, his voice deep and threatening before he softened and squeezed her waist, "I thought you were going to have a freak out when I got up there."

"So did I." She told him honestly, before he put her down on the floor and held the tapestry up for her, pushing his way in to the Room of Requirement behind her. She sighed, flopping down on to the sofa and rubbing her goosebumpy arms, "I hate this."