Chapter Three: Part II What If Jocelyn Never Left?

Here ye have part two, maties! I am a pirate in look for me treasure! Ha! I'm kidding, I don't talk like that ... So! Here you do have part two, but in somwhat Jace's point of view. In 5... 4... 3... 2... 1!!!

Jace Herondale and Jonathan Morgernstern made their way down the streets to the Accords Hall party. It was full of people and the smell of food and drinks and strawberries.

"Do you think that Isabelle would dance with me if I asked her?" Jonathan asked out pf the blue. Jace turned to face him, and he braced for the snarky comment. But that didn't come:

"I don't know, Jonathan," was all Jace could say after his eyes drifted over a feari's body. Jace wasn't the one to be like that, but being single and not having much responsabilities due to his good looks left him having fun whenever he wanted. And he didn't take his looks for granted. Yet he was a kind person, Jonathan often found himself wanting to be like him, but, Valentine had raised him prouldy, so he was proud to be a Morgenstern.

He was the only one who could keep the name going, because Clary was clearly a she and his other younger sister, Valentina, was a little girl, too. "But what I do know is that if she doesn't jump to you; I'll get her myself." Jonathan rolled his eyes. Right.

"My sister dressed up for you, idiot, how can you be so blind?" They made their was to the mini bar and ordered two drinks that could be easily confused with water. But it wasn't even close to H2O. "Haven't you see.n the way she looks at you? Makes me sick, actually..." Jace scoffed.

"Who, Clary?" Jace said. "I would rather not waste my beauteous time with the little thing. Short, redhead and hot tempered-"

"Isn't that your one true goal in your sex life, Herondanle?" Jonathan joked. "Wait-no. No. Do not say it is or I will cut your-"

"Easy there, quickie," Jace laughed. "I'm more of a self-loving man, I'd rather dare myself." Jonathan scoffed into his cup.

"Easy, you don't have to worry about rejection." He faintly thought about Isabelle and how she could probably date any person she wanted. Hell, she'd been dating Orange the Hedge Hedge last month. Orange warlock who had more dates a week than probably Magnus Bane; and the guy was bi. Jace laughed at his friend's comment, and soon after they heard a familiar voice say behidn them:

"Not really, knowing Jace, he wluld probably look himself in the mirror and look away for rejection. You know, to keep it interresting." Luke, Clary's step-father and current Werewolf Leader in the Clave, sat by them with Jocelyn at his side. While Jocelyn wore an elegantly beautiful black and green dress with a low cut neck and a tail, her hair down in her natural curls; Luke wore a plain blue button down ahirt with his sleeves rolled up and a new pair of jeans, because the hem of each pant weren't beaten up yet. Jace smiled at him.

"You know me so well," he mumbled with his grin.

"Yes, enough to say that your blind," at that, Jace's smile fell, but only briefly.

"My feelings are hurt," he announced. "Do go on, sing my praises, I don't think my ego can take them." Jocelyn rolled her eyes and chuckled slightly.

"In another world, Jace Herondale, you could've been a very reckless, very uncaring person."

"And ... we're glad he's not one right now?" Jonathan asked with a weird face. "Are we talking about the same Jace here? Clearly, when you look it up, reckless will have a picture of him and uncaring will also have his picture. In fact, it will take the whole page, just to show so." Ignoring her son's comment, Jocelyn looked at Jace.

"Clary has been trying to reach you," she said. "Yet you don't." He shrugged.

"Jocelyn, you are a very wonderful woman, but you fail to see that I'm not into dating. In fact, maybe I'm not cut out for it. I don't know who raised me like this: mom and dad are a lovely pair, and they show me nothing but. I just guess I'm ... what did that Silent Brother say, Zacharia ... Someone named William Herondale. Maybe I am like him. A loner."