Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Bree's P.O.V.

I was attending Pinewood Elementary, I was in the fifth grade.

I was known as the quiet one, I never spoke a word, ever.

People would call me the 'bookworm' because I would always be sitting down always reading a book.

One day, I was reading a book based off of all the legends, from Santa to Dracula to the Chupacabra. However, there was one that caught my attention, Jack Frost.

I read that Jack Frost was the biggest prankster at his era. How he was known to be Jack Frost is that he got frozen by ice during winter and many people say they still see him since.

The bell rang for lunch and I grabbed by books, going to class when Jennifer and her gang came for the usual bully session. Jennifer slapped away my books and kicked them in the floor.

I went and picked them up, when my glasses fell. Snickering from the group surrounded me and tension filled me to the fullest. With fear I looked up and the glare from merciless Ashley pierced me.

"I wonder what it looks like to squish a worm." Jennifer told Ashley.

"Yeah...let's find out." Ashley replied to Jennifer as she raised her hand.

"No!" Someone cried out in defense.

We all turned, it was Amelia Woodcrest. Her turquoise eyes shone as she caused commotion.

"Hello, stupid carrot." Jennifer greeted with disgust.

"L-leave her al-l-lone..."She stuttered.

"What are you going to do, stupid UGLY carrot?" Jennifer asked.

"Summon a stupid ghost?" Ashley added on.

"No...just leave her alone." Amelia replied.

"I think she didn't learn her lesson, Jen." Ashley turned to Jennifer.

"Yeah, she hasn't, Ash." Jennifer said as she grabbed on Amelia's shirt.

Many kids began to surround us, my eyes concentrated on Amelia's scared face.

"FIGHT! Fight! Fight!" A kids began to chant. Then, as quickly as wildfire everyone else began to chant.

"Enough!" A teacher called out and separated Jennifer and Amelia away from each other.

"Woodcrest and Divine, to the Principal's office, NOW!" The teacher commanded.

Amelia and Jennifer walked in obedience.

There, I knew, she would make a difference.