Next Page

Chapter three.

The next morning I woke up to hear Elena talking to some guy who didn’t sound much like Ric. I looked at my clock. 6:20 am. A visitor this early? I was starting school today so decided to get up and showered ready on time.

       I showered and got dressed. It looked pretty warm outside so I pulled on a pair of denim shorts and a vest but put a pair of jeans into my bag in case it became colder. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and put on a fair bit of make-up. I then went into Jeremy’s room to wake him to get ready. I knew he would probably kill me for getting him up so early, but I wanted to spend some time with him before school.

     I walked across the landing, making my way towards Jeremy’s room. I looked in Aunt Jenna’s room on my way past to see whether she and Alaric were awake. Ric was up and packing his bag for work but Jenna was still asleep. Ric spotted me and smiled. He grabbed his stuff and walked out, closing the door behind him.

   “Morning.” He smiled.

   “Good morning.” I smiled back. “Sorry. I was on my way to wake Jer and thought I would check whether Jenna was up.” I explained in case he thought I was being nosey.

   “I guessed as much. Jenna wouldn’t be up yet. She likes her sleep. Jeremy is going to kill you for getting him up this early!” he laughed. I did too.

   “Ah, he loves me. He’ll forgive me in no time!” we laughed.

   “Okay, well I best get off to work. See you there. If you need any help getting around school just come and find me.” He said and patted my arm.

   “Thanks Ric.” I smiled and watched him leave saying goodbye to Elena and her guest on the way. I then continued across the landing and into Jeremy’s room.

     I opened the door and sat on the edge of the bed, next to a sleeping Jeremy. He looked so peaceful I kind of didn’t want to wake him. But I knew that he