Next page

“He’s… just some guy who hangs around the school a lot not someone you want to know.” He said. I frowned at him but let it go. If this was a lie I would find out the truth even if it killed me.

     Lunch passed as quick as the day had already. Matt was in my next class so he walked with me. He suggested ditching his friend to sit at the back with me but I told him not to be so silly. I was sat by a window not a great idea. I always lost time staring out of windows instead of paying attention. This time was the same. I sat staring out of the window wishing I was in the sun. I found myself thinking about the guy in the tree. Stefan had warned me off him but I couldn’t help thinking of him. I looked over to the tree where I had seen him and there he was again. Sitting under the tree. He smiled and waved at me as he saw me looking at him. I sat up in my chair and removed my hand from my hair. I had been twisting in through my fingers subconsciously. I looked at the teacher to make sure he wasn’t looking at me then waved back. But again, he was gone. I looked at Matt who then turned and looked at me. He smiled and then rolled his eyes and pretended to fall asleep. I laughed at him silently.

    “Mr Honeycutt, maybe you would like to answer my question!” Matts head spun back around and looked up at the teacher he stuttered a few times but never answered. “Perhaps you should try listening once in a while and stop flirting with Miss Gilbert.” Sir said. Every one began to laugh and wolf whistle.  Matt turned back around and apologised. I just laughed.

     Class went pretty quickly after that and we were soon fighting our way through the busy corridors to get outside. Matt grabbed my arm and barged us through the crowd until finally we broke through the doors and out to the front car park where everyone was standing in a group waiting for us. There was another guy with them who I remembered but not as much as the others. Tyler Lockwood. He looked pretty different to how I remembered. He had grown a lot too. He smiled at me the sort of awkward smile you give to someone you don’t really know. I just smiled back and walked over to him and tried to make conversation.

________________________________________________________________

Hope this is all okay. Please leave comments. I will update soon :) xxx