Chapter fourteen.

I watched Tamaki standing by the "ice-skating-gate" as I was out on the ice.

   "Get away from me!" I shouted to him, panting. "Please, just... Go." was all I could get out of myself. Tamaki still stood by the same spot as before and just looked at me, unease. I could tell by the way he looked at me that he wanted to go to me and.....do something that I didn't want to know right now.

   He took a step out on the ice and almost slipped. "Ouch! You couldn't have chosen somewhere else to be hiding? Like on top of a mountain or something like that? That'd be much easier to get you." he said and grinned at me. I tried to skate more and more away from him but I was already on the other side of the rink. Of course he could just walk around the entire rink to get me, but he didn't. Why did he have to take the hard path just to get me? If he wanted me to listen to something, he could just say it!

   "S-stop! You'll hurt yourself!" I told him as I circled around the rink without getting near him. "Get out of the rink! This is my field." I said and looked up. It started snowing. Oh, just perfect... I thought to myself.

   "Please." I begged. But he didn't stop. He continued to walk on the slippery ice as he tried to get to me. After his fifth fall I gave up. I skated over to him but did not use contact. "Let me show you what I can do and I'll listen to you. If you dare." I told him in a mysterious voice and looked up from the ground into his purple eyes.

   He slightly smiled and nodded. He then tried once more to walk on the ice but in this case - in the other direction. Good. When he was finally back to the ground I skated to the middle of the rink and people from around the park had gathered to see what was going on.

   I took a deep breath and started.

   My feet were flying on the ice. I danced. I flew. I lived. I tried tricks and moves that I hadn't taught myself yet and tried to do as much as I could. I was happy! I loved being on the ice.

   When I was a little kid - or smaller than I am now - my parents used to take me to this rink. We used to skate here every week during the winter. Mom and dad used to hold hands while they were skating and I used to skate by myself ahead of them. I had always loved to skate. It was something that just felt safe and secure. It was like a second home to me. When we came here to skate, mom had always made hot chocolate and sandwiches for us to eat when we got hungry and dad always used to try to make his own kind of chocolate - but it was only him who drank it, mom and I didn't dare to do drink it - and we always used to laugh at dad when he realized it wasn't good, so he'd always throw it away. That was nice. But when dad died, mom never came back to the ice-rink. She thought it was too painful. I would agree with her, but a part of me always thought that dad always followed me to this rink, even today. So at this moment - as I was skating for my life - dad was with me.

   I stopped.

   The people around had turn out to be a lot more than I thought. It was maybe 20 to 30 people here, watching me. They applauded. For me. I couldn't keep myself from smiling. This was incredible. They actually liked my skating. I was so happy.

   But just as I was at the happiest, I remembered why I was skating. For Tamaki. I skated back to the entrance and smiled and shook hands and thanked a bunch of people telling me I was great out there.

   Tamaki was still standing by the entrance and waited for me. When I got out of my skates and put them back in my bag - I looked up to him. What would he do to me? Scream at me? Hit me or hurt me mentally? I looked down to the ground and waited for the doom.

   He leaned forward and kissed my head. My eyes widened and my cheeks became red. What did he do? Why?

   "You were great out there. I can see why you like this place so much." he said with a smile and a slight blush on his cheeks. "S-so you're not mad at me?" I asked and looked into his eyes. "No. I'm not mad at you. I could never be. You're too valuable." he said and started to walk away.

   I was confused. Too valuable? What had just happened? Tamaki turned around after a couple of steps and handed out his arm. "Are you coming?" he asked and gave me a calm smile. I looked into his eyes and had to make a choice.

   Him or myself?