Chapter 1

"Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free."

― Rumi

Chapter 1

Hurrying, I got out of my broken down DatsunD210. I know what your thinking either that they would have stopped making them or you don't even know what the heck I'm talking about. So before I confuse you further about a car I payed $50 bucks for at the junk yard I'm just going to tell you where I am. I was in front of the freshly painted dance studio/gym. It wasn't always there though, they used to have a ballet school.

My ballet school Juliett's Academy, but last year they decided to shut it down the only thing that kept me sane and living. Ballet meant the world to me, and I was broken when they shut the place down, but ofcourse over the last few weeks I learned something too, I loved dancing just as much. And it was free, lively, and just as exciting compared to ballet. The way I did it anyways.

I jumped out of my car and went to the alleyway behind the new dance studio and hopped up on the ladder being extra quiet trying not to wake up the old lady who lived in the apartment next door. I left the third floor window open and used the ladder behind the place to get up there once I was up I was okay.

After my parents died I thought my life was over, but I had to suck it up you know be a big girl, and by being a big girl I knew not everything was going to be okay like everyone promised me. I had to get a job, continue going to school, and because I couldn't pay for the ballet practices the instructor kicked me out of the well... former ballet school. It hurt knowing my instructor of 12yrs would do that to me after my life got rougher, but you know what they say when the going gets tough, the tough get going.

So as I climbed up the ladder I felt all my problems and the nerve-wrecking feeling I was about to fall go away. I reached my destination a dusty old locked up room. It had one-way glass that they put in by mistake and it let me see the dance routines and I could even hear the music, and the best part I was never caught once. I do work here too, but it would make everyone question me if I told them I wanted to join a class, for free. I was just the girl that cleaned up after everyone left, and I was basically a nobody to them.

So I started to follow the instructor Matt as he did some warm-up exercises and ten minutes later everybody was ready to dance. So he put on the music and they got started. The song 'sweet dreams' the remixed version came on and since it started off slow all the guys and the girls were slow dancing for the beginning,.

So instead I improvised and did it my own style, freestyling it and doing anything I felt fit the music. Then as the music started to speed up with Nicki Minaj the dancing was much faster and better. Matt did it one time and I got it on the first try while everybody else was trying to get the first part he just showed. I was just watching them and some of the girls pretending so he could help them, it was pretty amusing.

Everyone was panting by now it had been like an 1hour and I wasn't really ready to end it yet, but anyways he gave them a break and said they could leave for today. I watched him pack up his stuff and leave, pretty stalkerish I know. I walked over to the corner and took out a mop and one of those things the janitors carries that hold the water and other mops and started mopping the dance floors. I was still upbeat from all the dancing and wanted to do more, so when I checked and saw nobody there. I put the music back on and danced all night.......

I turned on the radio in the corner and got into position with my hands above my headlike how ballet class would start.

Everynight I rest in my bed

With hopes that maybe I'll get a chance to see you when I close my eyes, I walked slowly towards the mirror.

I'm going out of my head, I moved from side to side flipping my hair and holding my head with both hands.

Can you hold my hand and be my guide? I hummed putting out my right hand and moved doing a roll with the rest of my body.

Clouds filled with stars cover your skies

(What kind of dream is this?), moving my waist and dancing.

Nicki Minaj: Yo. Young money Right cher. Bike gear

Throw it up no high chair, I put my hands up and was still moving my waist while I did all the hand motions Mark was trying to get the girls to do.

Cold like a white beer, wow It was times like this that showed how much I missed doing this.............I thought and realized it was getting pretty late and about time to lock up and go home for the night.

***Authors Note: Some basic little itsy bitsy minor changes, mostly grammar. Thanks for reading! :*)