[ chapter 02 ]

Dedicated to Hunnay for the amazing new cover :]

Chapter Two

            News of my little interaction with Adam spread faster than herpes among the school sluts. By the time I got home, my Twitter was overloaded and bloated with Adam-related tweets ranging from “You go, girl!” to “What the fuck were you thinking?” Most of the tweets tended to err towards the latter.

            Sighing, I hopped off the computer and headed for the shower. My Candy Crush Saga requests would just have to wait; I was in no mood to deal with my Facebook wall being blown up with gossip.

            Of course, the gossip didn’t stop just because I decided to take a nice, hot shower. The texts (both from real people and from my Twitter account) kept coming, and if that wasn’t enough, Jamie decided it was high time to pay me a visit. He walked in claiming that he was here to get homework help, but we both knew he just wanted details on the Adam affair.

            “What was it like?”

            “He’s an asshole,” I replied bluntly.

            “Did you feel his abs? He has really nice abs, you know? Have you seen him at basketball practice when he takes his shirt off? Sweet baby Jesus, that man is hot.” Jamie kept babbling on and on, but I eventually tuned his gay fantasies out. He didn’t even notice when I reached for my textbook and started to do my homework.

            “Did you ever figure out why he was seeking you out in the first place?”

            I lifted my head and thought about it for a moment. “I don’t think so.”

            Jamie squealed a little bit too loudly. Grabbing my hands, he looked at me with a paralyzing expression of ecstasy. “That means you get to talk to him again,” he hoarsely whispered.

            I wriggled my hands away and rolled my eyes. “I don’t want to see him again. I don’t want anything to do with him.” Jamie said nothing in response. Instead, he kept looking at me with wide eyes. Sighing, I realized the only way to get out of this was to keep going. “Yes, Jamie. I do think he’s attractive, but no, I don’t want him.”

            Jamie bounced up and down with exasperated energy. “You’re not above going out with Ryder Collins or Jack Donahue, but you won’t even hear out whatever Adam has to say?”

            “Ryder and Jack were completely different!”

            Jamie rolled his eyes. “How so? Ryder is just as much, if not more of a manwhore than Adam is, and he’s almost always drunk. And don’t even get me started on Jack. Damn, that boy smells!” Just to emphasize his point, Jamie flicked his hand up and fanned the air around his nose.

            I couldn’t help but laugh. As misguided as he was on the state of Adam-relations, it was nice to have Jamie around. He was good at making light out of any situation.

            “So maybe Jack smelled a bit—“

            “He smelled like a football player who never took a shower in his life and covered up his man stench with an ice-bath of cologne,” Jamie interrupted. “Continue.”

            “So maybe Jack smelled a bit, but he was nice. And yes, Ryder is a bit of a drunk manwhore, but at least he’s capable of keeping a girlfriend for more than a month.” I heard Jamie mumble something unintelligible under his breath. I decided to ignore it. “Anyways, I told you before,” I continued, “I just want a real relationship, not one of Adam’s one night stands.”