Chapter One:-

Astrid:-

I thought I would never be walking these streets again after all these years. Nothing changed around here, not one single bit - but that is how I preferred it to be. I wonder if anyone would notice that i'm back walking down this road freezing in the frosty and misty cold air, only wearing a thin coat. Letting my teeth chatter away, the progress walking to mum's house was slow, fairly slow for my liking ... i couldn't feel my toes at this rate - thanks to you bloody taxi driver!

"Ash?" A husky male voice spoke up from nowhere, instantly i knew what was about to go down, i was obviously going to fall face first into the crunchy hard snow.

"Woah there!" the voice speaks again helping me back onto my feet and holding me in his arms until i was stable enough.

"I - I'm so sorry" I muttered stuttering for simple words, whilst regaining my stability to stand on my own again, the person who had owned the voice pushed back some strands of my brunette brown hair that fell loose behind my ears and under my beanie hat.

"What's to be sorry for Ash?" The voice asked leaning a tad closer to me, his breath of warm air traveled down my neck sending little shivers down my shine, shivers that were like errupting volcanoes nearby.

"T-the only person that calls me that, was a really close friend that i had years ago.. in this very town." I mumbled still shivering away - even with his presence by me... i was still cold.

"Astrid, look up" The voice hums stepping a few large steps back and throwing his hands out into the air to his sides. "Recognize my beautiful face?" He adds smirking.

Jackson Ray, my best friend - my everything when i was much younger than i am now, he... he hit puberty way too hard, i mean seriously ... i would die due to his pure handsomeness now. His chiseled jaw framed his face just as if he was carved my Jesus himself, his eyes were brown with a hint of luminous green in the moonlight, his hair was styled back into a quiff that suit him so well.

"You done checking me out?" Jackson spoke up again smirking once more running his fingers through his hair.

"I - You - Oh my Jackson!" I squealed throwing myself into his arms.

"I'm pretty sure it's oh my gosh, not oh my Jackson" Jackson replied laughing pulling me into one of his tight hugs that I missed the most.

"Don't judge!" I yelled quietly poking him in the stomach.

I knew this was just going to be the start, what if he isn't the guy I'm talking to now when I walk through those school doors in the morning tomorrow.

"W-well, I'm going to head to mums before she flips out that I'm late" I exclaimed scurrying off with the suitcase and bag that I had brought with me. "I'll see you tomorrow!" I exclaimed once again turning around to wave to him, but he was gone... Just like that.

I was surprised he was the first person I would bump into walking along this road, there was something off about him... There had always been something off with him.

He never wore jackets like the rest of the world would when it's cold out, he would just simply stroll out his house wearing nothing but his usual clothes and his leather jacket. Sometimes, I thought to myself that Jackson wasn't at all a human.

I do remember at his birthday party with his twin sister Alisha 9 years ago, the one wish he made and told me about, but we all know that blowing out candles are overrated and barely came true.

"Astrid!" Mum squealed extremely out loud causing my ears to pop when she opened the front door, which the warm air hit me in the face to welcome me home.

"And ... wait! ... there goes my hearing!" I exclaimed swinging one arm forwards before me holding my thumbs up with sarcasm.

"Astrid Rosaline Parker" Mum hissed

"Sorry.." I mumbled tugging in my luggage once mum had stepped aside for me to walk in and warm up.

Let me repeat this once more, nothing has changed once dad had the rights to look after me and moved out far from town. This house was just exactly the same since i was 9, a couple years later the walls are repainted and that's pretty much about it.

"Mum" I mumbled walking into the kitchen closing the door behind me allowing the warmth stay trapped in the room.

"Yes Astrid" She replied placing her glasses onto her head and looking up from the newspaper.

"There's something off with Jackson... the guys walking the streets in nothing but his leather jacket and jeans" I spoke again.

"There's always something off with that boy of yours, i caught him running in the forest outback shirtless with some other people" Mum murmured going back to reading the newspaper.

I was expecting like a welcome home Astrid! with oh you know my favorite cookies, oreos and red velvet cakes. But instead i face the cold heart of reality... dame you world for proceeding me like this!

It wasn't long until i took a glance out the window of our kitchen that overlooked a dark forest with fog surrounding it like it was embracing it. There he stood, just like the way mum described him doing not so long ago. He stood tall in nothing but his jeans, he was fit ... incredibly fit, i couldn't help but drool of his sexy figure.

Instantly, I turned my attention away from the window when he had looked in my direction, it would be awkward if he had saw my staring him down and drooling at his drop dead gorgeous flaws. By the time I looked back, he was gone... Who know where to, but other people like him started showing up and walking into the forest.

What was he hiding? But seriously, if you're meeting some other friends - why the woods... That's where the Devils live.