Chapter Two:-

Jackson:-

The silent crackling of burning wood before me was a source of light and warmth for us, in our human form of course. Nothing but the sizzling and cracking of wood were heard during the silence we had going on. Time had flown by and little snowflakes began to fall from above setting down the fire slowly.

What was I thinking? I could've given myself away so easily to her! But then again, I was meaning to tell her ever since I found out. I was meaning to tell her about the way i felt being around her, how she brought butterflies into my stomach at her touch. She was my mate, dad and mum knew from the beginning it was her... i wasn't aware of it - but i had already imprinted on her.

It's funny how I still believed that the birthday wish I made when I was 9 got me to where I am today. But then again, being what I am now caused me to checkup my family history, turns out it's not the candle that i blew out, it was my blood that ran in my veins.

"Alpha, you have been silent all night, what is wrong?" Damien asked shifting back into his human form once approaching me.

"Nothing" I muttered running my hand through my hair taking my mind off when I had caught Astrid looking at me through her kitchen window.

She's back isn't she? Did she see you in alpha form? Damien asked using his mind to speak to me without the others around hearing. With a simple nod, my heart began to pound, did Astrid see me in alpha form when I arrived here? or saw me shirtless in human form ... either way i could be dead.

"I'm not sure about the second one Damien" I muttered throwing a stick in to the slowly burning out fire cause sparks to shoot up.

"Alpha, we have a situation" Finn growled under his breathing walking into the circle where the fire and everyone else sat.

"What seems to be the problem Finn?" I asked turning back into my usual self, the leader of this pack, the fierce and brave me was breaking that wall of fear that Astrid caused me to have, but this is who i am now.

"Unmarked areas of our territory have been breached by a Luna member, not sure who exactly" Finn stated clenching his fists into balls and allowing them to turn white with all his aggression flowing down to his clenched fists.

How dare Luna run our land, preaching and lurking behind any of the trees that surround us right now, they could be anywhere at this moment ... listening to our every word, but i'm not afraid to go down without a fight. With that, every rose up to their feet and shifted themselves into their werewolf forms to prepare for a fight.

"Danny show yourself!" I yelled angrily standing on my feet whilst looking around our surrounding trying to pick up his scent or even his senses as i knew he was the one here.

Within a matter of seconds, Danny stood before me with his head held high smirking at me, he wore a black t-shirt that complimented his toned muscles that seeped through the material, dark jeans that seemed blend with the darkness of the night - his hair fell into his eyes covered in sweat.

"Who do you think you are running our land?" I growled allowing my eyes turn to its Alpha red color with anger pouring and boiling in my blood vessels.

"Just checking up on the female friend" Danny taunted followed by another smirk that twitched his upper lip upwards.

"What female friend?! you don't have any friends! besides the guys in your pack, let me remind you... why are you running our land?" I hissed clenching my fists preparing the throw a hard punch towards his pretty little face he cares so much for today.

"I hear Astrid's back in town.... thought i would stop by an say hello to an old friend" He taunts again "You know, i may as well see if i can imprint on her too - you know make her mine after i do" he adds holding up his hand to the side of his face and whispering.

"You don't know the logic of imprinting, you use women like a toilet roll in the school's bathroom daily" I hissed once more holding my hand a little higher but tighter than it was before.

What did he want with Astrid? He knew she was going to be mine when i came out with my feelings to her and shes the one that i visioned having my future life with, but that sad thing about it was that she was still human.

Before I knew it, i hurled myself forwards throwing a punch directly into his face, his most precious part of his entire body. I didn't care what he had to say next just to taunt my with my own feelings.

"I've said this before Danny, get on my bad side and you my friend won't see daylight!" I yelled through gritted teeth allowing myself to shift in to a black alpha with hints of brown fur, by now my eyes were a glowing gold that was then complimented by the moonlight.

The fight that i had started pretty much went on for a while, but guess who came out a winner and who scurried out whimpering in human form clutching their sides in pain... Well - I won obviously, i am the leader of the shadows, most known and feared pack since i had taken control.

"It's unfortunate you can't heal yourself just yet Alpha" Damien stated

"Eh - what's that going to do to me? Yes, i have a cut lip and parts of my face are slightly bruised.. but Alisha can sort me out with her make-up do hickey thing before i walk through those doors." I replied shrugging my shoulders simply.

For those who wonder who Alisha is, she is my twin sister, also an alpha. A second hand leader of this pack.