Chapter Five:-

Jackson:-

"What the hell are you!" She yelled at the stop of her lungs, but even when she was angry her voice sounded like sweet bells in my head.

What was I going to tell her? Maybe I could hold back the secret a little longer, but I fear her raft ... She's seen what's around her, she's seen me in my shift already.

"Please calm down" I said calmly outstretching my hand towards her.

"Not until you tell me what the hell this is!" Astrid exclaims once more crossing her arms across her chest, allowing her to show more of her chest

"I will... Just ... Please lower your voice, this is the only place that keeps us all sane" I replied again in calming tone.

Astrid began to show a mixture of emotions when the fires shadow danced along her pale skin, she was cold but wasn't going to say that she was.

"I've been wanting to tell you this for a while now - it's been hard to even have the guts to dare... I was afraid I'll lose you" I state playing with my fingers as she reluctantly sat next to me on the floor.

"You'll never lose me Jack, I swear" Astrid mutters pulling small pieces of grass from the ground and watching them drop.

Watching the fire laminate its light onto her well defined face melted my heart. She had always given me that feeling, her voice was like the giggles of a small baby, her smile makes me want to hug and kiss her but I'd never have the guts to.

"Ever since we were 9, a day after you left with your dad... My parents told me I was an alpha... that I had to take on the leader role after dad.." I sighed looking at the fires flames dance in around in the air and disappear in the mist.

"You don't have to go further if you don't want too, I understand" She assures resting her head onto my bare shoulder.

Sparks began to go off in side of me, my blood boiling away at her touch - she had this effect on me that no one else would. I could already see my kids playing in a garden and running around me with Astrid behind them throwing her head back in laughter.

Slowly, I began to tangle and intertwine our fingers together, it was a perfect match... Just like two puzzle pieces that were destined to show a part of an image.

"Alpha, we have an enemy in our territory - he claims that what's his is within our land" Finn States interrupting the moment I was about to have with Astrid.

"And who may this person be?" I asked turning my attention towards Finn who stood directly in front of me but on the other side of the fire, but I still loved the fact Astrid kept me calm by still holding my hand.

Alpha, it's unfortunate for you, as he is after your mate, he claims that he is her boyfriend - I have my resources States she isn't - Fin says using mind speaking abilities not to frighten Astrid.

"I have a feeling you guys are gay" Astrid teases trying to break the silence that everyone has going whilst I thought

"That maybe true" Damien jokes taking a seat next to her and pulling her into his side.

And there goes the tinge of jealousy, he's touching my mate, I thought I made it clear that anyone that touches each other's mate, will not have a good week.

"Bro, chill... The girls cold - I'm just allowing myself to warm her up, I mean seriously, she's wearing shorts and a jacket" Damien says looking up

Alpha.. Finn says sounding a little too concerned when his mind speaks once more as he arches himself forwards before shifting into a brown werewolf and running toward Danny who made his way over.

"Astrid, stay with Damien... Don't leave his side - this is about to get a little frisky" I growled running after Finn but then only to get knocked over by Finn flying airborne towards me.

"You are stealing my property Jackson!" Danny hisses walking over to me as I groaned and smacked Finn off me.

"Who said she was your God dame property! It's not like she can be bought at a black market for your ways" I growled getting up onto my feet and dusting off the mud on my jeans.

"It seems like she's bought my heart with her smile and her beauty" He taunts smirking taking a step forwards

"The only thing a girl would by off you is your stupid eyes, that's all the fuss is about... She clearly has no interest in you - so back off" i hissed arching myself into a quick shift.

I wasn't going to fight him, I didn't want her to see me fight and hurt him.

"I want Jackson!" Astrid exclaims squriming out of Damien's arms when he held her back. "I want Jackson! Not you! You don't remember the things you have done to me - you act as if there isn't a problem in my life ... And I'm just a little stupid girl you play with as a game, Just so you know - I'll destroy you one way or another, even if it results to me dying" Astrid growls standing next to me running her fingers lightly through my black fur.

"You are talking nonsense Astrid!" Danny exclaims angrily crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh yeah... So tell me why you told my mum that dad was off with another girl? Oh and why did you tell my dad that mum was pregnant with another mans baby?" she hissed

Oh my gosh Astrid, how comes you didn't tell me? I would've been there for you... You know I would've..

"Jack, I know you would've been there for me, but I needed time to figure this out on my own... I came to a thought that I would just personally kill him in way" Astrid says looking at me.

You ... You can hear me?

"Would I be answering your questions if I couldn't?" She replied smirking.

Dame that smirk though! I think I got it off of her before she left town with her dad a few years ago, since then it became my thing and not knowing who started my smirking ways.