Chapter 4: Hello Cousin

"Hello cousin Scott, " said Holmes. "How was your flight?" 

"Not to bad, I suppose, " he said with a slight shrug. "I managed to call a friend halfway through the flight. She's going through a rough time right now."

"She?" Asked Holmes. "So not John then?"

Even Joan had to roll her eyes at Holmes' idea of a joke. His cousin just shook his head and replied. "No, Billy. You know that John and I are just friends."

"Then who did you call while you were on the phone, if not John Watson?" 

Scot rolled his eyes, then asked the other Holmes. "Do you remember Molly Hooper?"

Joan looked at her  Sherlock. He was silent for a moment or two, then said:  "A slightly short girl with brown eyes and brown hair, who always followed you around like a lost puppy? That  Molly Hooper?"

"Sherlock!" Joan protested. "Do you have to sound so mean-spirited?"

Holmes rolled his eyes at Joan, but before he could say anything, his cousin interjected. "You're right, that was a bit mean-spirited. I'm sorry I didn't catch your name, Miss?"

"Joan- Joan Watson." Joan replied.  When Scott heard her surname, he blinked.  "You wouldn't happen to be related to John Watson, would you?" 

Joan shook her head. "I don't think so, but I could ask my step-dad. Who knows I just might be." She told Scott.

"No need, Ms. Watson, " said Scott. "I was simply curious."

"That's fine, Mr. Holmes, " said Joan. "Now, where is your luggage?" Scott lifted his duffle bag with a slight smile. "I tend to travel light whenever I can." He explained.

'Excellent!" said Sherlock. "Tell me cousin, have you eaten?" His cousin said that he hadn't. So together Joan and the Holmes cousins headed toward the exit and out into the night.