Chapter 6: Coming Together

As soon as Tom's body hit the floor Molly ran past it, only to realize that he ex-fiance may have locked the entrance to the basement when he first came down. Quickly she backtracked to Tom's unconscious form, and making sure that he wasn't seriously injured, searched for the key to the basement. She found it in the inner pocket of his jacket.

Molly breathed a sigh when she discovered that the key she stole from Tom, did indeed fit the lock. She unlocked the door and slowly she opened it, fearful that Tom  may have brought some friends along so they could finish what he started.

Luckily for her Molly soon realized that there was no one in the hall that wished her harm. So she went into the nearest unoccupied office to call both Holmes and Lestrade to inform them about what happened with Tom and about Moriarty's latest scheme. 

Halfway around the world in New York City, the two Holmes cousins sat across each other as Sherlock 'Scott' Holmes told his cousin and Joan about his latest mission for Queen and Country, and of course his brother Mycroft.

Suddenly both mobiles began to ring, Scott got to his first, and when he saw the text from Molly his eyes went as hard as diamonds. 

"What is it?" Joan asked, concerned. 

"My friend Molly was almost kidnapped today while she was at work," Scott replied.  "That is not the worst of it, however. It seems that Moriarty set it up, somehow using her ex-fiance as a hired kidnapper." 

"That's horrible," said Joan. 

Scott nodded. "It is," he agreed. "Which is the reason I have to return to London as soon as possible."

"It's about to get worse," Sherlock told Joan and Scott. "It would appear that Jamie has escaped from prison."

"Oh God," said Joan. "What do we do now?"

"We have to go back to London," Sherlock answered. "It's the only way to stop them from causing havoc all over the world."

"I don't understand,"said Joan. "What is the connection between this Moriarty and Jamie?"

Scott and Sherlock looked at each other. "Is not obvious, Watson?" Sherlock asked her.

"Jamie and the other Moriarty are siblings."