one

1: Proposals

"Kirsten, you have to hurry if you want to go see Sebastian before I drop you off at school!" I hear my dad scream downstairs as I rush to get all of my things together for school, and after when I go back to see Sebastian before work.

"Coming!" I scream back and I leave my room just the way it is, luckily I'm almost never here so it's not even dirty.

I gallop down the stairs as I see my Dad waiting at the door with my jacket in hand. He looks so tired and worn out, I wish there was a way to fix it, to help him with all of his problems, but there is only so much a teenager can do especially with her job being a cashier at American Eagle. I do my best to help him though.

"Thanks." I say as I give him a small smile and he gives me a smaller one back.

We leave the house at 7:50 as always and make it to the hospital at 8:00, same as every time.

We decided that when this happened and she left we would have to create a program to live by that being leave the house at 7:50 to make it to the hospital at 8:00 just in time for visitation, and a little over twenty minutes for me and Sebastian to talk before I have to leave for school.

I have early release as a senior and so I leave the school at around 11 catch a bus back to the hospital in order to have lunch with Sebastian and my Dad before he has to take off for work.

I stay with Sebastian until afternoon visitation is over and my grandparents pick me up from there to take me to work. My shift is 2 P.M. to 9 P.M., my dad's shift is from 12 P.M. to 8 P.M. and while my dad and me both are at work my grandparents stay with Sebastian until my shift is over, and they come pick me up from there and drop me off with my Dad and Sebastian until visitation is over and we leave to go home. I have to admit even though Sebastian is in the hospital we still make time for family time.

I'm not even going to lie and say its not hard because it is, but it makes things a little bit easier having a system.

"Hello Mr. Smith and Kirsten." The receptionist greets us before asking how we were and allowing us to finally visit Sebastian.

We take an elevator to the floor that he is on and has been located on for a while and go to his room number, which doesn't take us long at all anymore.

"Hey." I say to him as we finally come in contact with him.

"Hi." He responds and my Dad goes over to give him his usual hug. I walk over to him as well and rub his baldhead. He gives me the same reaction as he does always, a small laugh with his bright blue eyes looking up at me.

"What did you have for breakfast this morning?" I ask him, as usual.

"They gave me some cereal and some fruit."

"Was it good?"

"Yes!" He exclaims.

We start talking about absolutely nothing in particular before its already time for me to leave, it always passes by so quickly, but I feel that it passed by way more quicker than usual.

I gather my purse and my jacket up as Sebastian's doctor asks to speak to my Dad.

"Well Seb, I'll see you in a few hours for lunch, okay?"

"Okay sissy." He smiles at me as Dad walks back in with a stumped expression on his face.

"Ready?" I ask him.

"Uh yeah." He stutters.

I wave at Sebastian a final time as we walk out with my dad saying, "I'll be back soon."