two

2: Typical Parties

Supposedly Just Pretend Chapter 2

I don't know exactly what Jayce had in mind with this deal of his, but maybe I should have asked before agreeing to anything he offered. I mean its not like it wasn't that hard to figure out when he said he wanted to make Kennedy jealous. I guess I just didn't want to think this at all because of what happened when we were younger. Never knew he would come up with something like this.

I just stare at him as he had just told me his brilliant plan.

"Hello?" He asks me.

"What?" I ask him as I look away from him.

"Aren't you going to say something?"  He asks me another question.

"What would you like me to say because I'm not just going to jump into your arms like I've been waiting for this moment because that would just be stupid, I could have done that in 7th grade don't you think?" I know that this brings back memories for the both of us and not very good ones.

"I guess I didn't think you would act this hostile, maybe a little more kind to the situation?" I still don't know why I ask him questions because he almost never answers them, he just adds more to the mix with a new question.

"To be honest, what really makes you think I would still make Kennedy jealous?" I wonder if he'll finally understand how this works: he answers my question and then it's all right for him to ask me a question.

"Trust me, it will I promise." He says it like it's the least of his worries.

"Well I guess I'll do it, for Seb." And with this he smiles at me.

"So what's first?" I ask him.

"Is yes your final answer?" He asks me. "Are you along for the ride?" With the final nod of my head he tells me our first step. A party.

"What? No!" I exclaim.

"We have to make it exclusive, and that happens to be the only way for everyone to see all at once, especially Kennedy." He explains to me.

"The time that I'm spending at a party I could be with Seb." I start to make excuses.

"By the time this party starts visiting time will be over." He says with a smirk.

"Well..." I start out.

"Whenever we start to make Kennedy jealous, I will start to help you with the money for the treatments." He tells me.

"Nope." I say as I start to get closer to him. "Whether we make Kennedy jealous or not, you will help us with the money, fail or not." I say in the most serious tone I could muster.

He backs up before saying. "Whoa, that was kind of scary..." "And hot." He adds on.

"I'm not even joking, Jayce." I tell him.

"Well how about this party?" He asks with the clap of his hands.

-

-

We went back to visit with Sebastian before Jayce insisted that I changed for the party, and when I asked him what was wrong with what I had on (sweater, scarf, leggings, and some boots) He said 'its not going to be snowing inside, now is it?'

And sadly I had no other choice. What even am I going to wear? It can't just be a short dress, it is still cold outside even if it's hot on the inside.

I start to rummage in my closet for something that would be presentable and still keep me warm. If only I had friends for things like this. What? Nah. Who am I kidding its been a great few years, without any worries of anyone stabbing me in the back or anything.