six

Supposedly Just Pretend

Chapter 6: First Pretend Dates

I wake up with loud snoring in my ear that almost sounds like a bear, but its none other than Jayce. I'm surprised I didn't kill him last night; I can be a pretty wild sleeper. I'm guessing its because he's a pretty wild sleeper also.

This isn't the first time I've woken up, there's been a few times were I woke up and it wasn't as harmless as snoring. It was either an elbow in my rib or his arm slung over me.

This is also the first time I've woken up to there being actual sunlight shining, which persuades me to get up. It wasn't an easy task, but I managed to get away from under Jayce and make my way to the bathroom.

I try to remember the way that Baylynne showed me yesterday night. I'm sure it would be way easier if I didn't forget things so easily. After not being able to find the downstairs one, I attempt to find one of the upstairs bathrooms.

When I go to get my bag out of Baylynne's room, I finally realize that one of the two doors in her room may or may not be a bathroom. I check the first one and it is indeed a bathroom.

I do my business and finish up washing up my face within 10 minutes and I'm out of there, as quick as I came.

I walk back downstairs and walk towards the kitchen, which is where I hear voices. When I make it into the kitchen I see that it is Baylynne and Dalton.

"Good morning." I say to them.

"Goodmorning Kirsten." Baylynne says brightly as Dalton says "Morning."

"Do you like chocolate chip pancakes?" Baylynne asked me.

I nod slowly although I don't like them very much anymore, that's what she used to always make me in the morning time.

"Well good because these are my specialty." She says with a smile.

"And the only thing you can make." Dalton mumbles not so quietly.

"Hey! I can make Ramen and pizza, so you can hush it." She says with a huff.

"Not everyone wants to pursue cooking." She adds.

As they continue to make the pancakes, and they started piling up, I offered to go and get our other friends.

I go to the one that I suspect will be the most difficult first, Dallas. I slowly walk up to him and I call his name a few times. When that doesn't work I start tapping him and continue to call his name. With no surprise, that doesn't work either.

I decide to bring out the big guns, which would be me screaming his name while being really close to his ear. "Dallas!" I say. And even that doesn't work. Well for him at least.

I hear grunting and l look up at Jayce who seems to be really upset. As he looks over at me, I smile innocently knowing that he is indeed upset that he's been woken up not so peacefully.

I look away from him and over at the other couch that Brooke slept on last night, it's empty. I guess Brooke is up and ready.

I look back over at Jayce when I feel someone staring at me. "Could you help me?" I say when his glaring doesn't subside.

He gets up and goes straight into the kitchen, so much for his help. Well I guess he doesn't get any breakfast. As soon as I start to get up Jayce comes back with a cup.

He pours the cup on Dallas without a second thought.

"What was that for?" He shouts while jumping up.