five

Supposedly Just Pretend Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Place or Person

It's Friday and our girls' night is tonight and the date night is tomorrow night. When I told Dad about my plans he said that he was so happy that I was back out there and making friends, but he was skeptical about the date night of course. Which I don't understand why because he really likes Jayce and it's better than just being alone with him.

Baylynne offered me a ride home from school to her house, but I insisted that I had things to do, being very broad about my personal life. So Jayce is going with me to visit Seb at the hospital and taking me back to Baylynne's home.

I leave my bag and things in Jayce's car as we walk into the hospital.

"So are you excited about the girls' night?" He asks me.

"I guess it seems pretty cool, but I don't know what to expect of them. I almost don't even know them." I answer.

"I'm pretty sure that's what the girls' night is for."

"Why so sure? Have you been to one before?" I tease.

"Well yeah kind of, not invited at least." He smirks.

"That makes me question you even more now." I remark.

We get on an elevator and I smile as Jayce presses the button that leads to Seb's floor, and sooner rather than later we make it to Seb's room.

"Hey buddy." I greet him with a small smile.

"Hey sissy!" He exclaims.

"Well someone's in a good mood since the last time we saw him." Jayce mentions what I'm thinking.

"Well I wasn't feeling so good this morning, but then I met a new friend today." Seb rambles.

"How did that come about?" I ask.

"Well Nurse Taylor introduced her to me because she said that we were so similar." He declares happily.

"She?" I ask with a small smile.

"Yes Ellie! She's my friend, my bestfriend." He exclaims.

"Well that's just amazing!" I say enthusiastically.

"Are you sure she's just a friend?" Jayce asks.

"Yes, although she is really pretty and nice." He rambles.

"Ah young love, sweet and innocent." Dad says as he's walking back in with a cup, probably coffee. He loves his coffee.

"I hope you're talking about Kirsten and Jayce because girls are mean to boys besides Ellie she's really nice to me, but I still want guy friends." He ends with a sigh.

I wish there was something I could do because Seb has always kept to himself and not wanted anything to do with any other boys, I believed it was because he thought he was different and felt that no one would accept him.

He never really took anything I said about him being 'special' to heart. No matter how I said or when I said he didn't want to listen to me. Maybe because I was his lame older sister, but let me tell you this lame older sister has a lot of heart for her younger brother, and would do anything for him or to help him. I just wish he knew that.

"I have a younger brother the exact same age as you if you'd like to meet him." Jayce speaks up.

"That is if its okay with your Dad and your very over protective sister." Jayce adds while looking over at me with a smirk.