chapter 2: "be my girl?"

I sigh as I stare at myself in the mirror. My confidence isn't the highest. I was more on the chubby side. I had green eyes and thick curly dark brown hair which I always straightened. I was ugly. Before Damian I never really had any experiences with boys that would soon change in the next year as I sadly found out. But anyway I had just finished doing myself up because, why not?

I had now been talking to Damian for 2 and a half weeks and we had become really close. You could label us as best friends. In those two weeks my feelings for the boy grew of course I kept them hidden because why would he want a girl that looked like me? I also didn't believe in love. I was happy just being his friend.

Me being me I quickly took a selfie and sent it to Damian saying 'rate me'.
I expected an 'ew' or 'your alright'.

'Wow' he messaged

'Wow what?' I messaged back

'Your so gorgeous Nia' he replied

'Haha Damian I was only kidding you don't have to lie to me its okay I know I'm not the best looking girl' I said with a sad smile on my face.

'Nia how could you think that? Your absolutely beautiful, I'm being so honest' he texted back, but being my stubborn self I didn't believe him. I never really got compliments and I didn't know how to take them or if they were genuine. True or not it still made me feel a little good about myself.

I replied 'you really think so?'

'I know so, your so beautiful' he said back

'Thank you Damian :$' I said, my tummy filled with butterflies, I smiled.

---next day---

Me and Damian were talking yet again today. I swear he makes me so happy.

We learn more and more about each other every day we spend talking to each other. And as I learn more I fall deeper, become more attached to him and I was shit scared. I didn't believe in love, not at all. That soon changed though.

"Hey Nia" Damian texted.

"Hi Damian :)" I replied excited and happy to be talking to him again.

"How was your day today girl?" He asked.

"Getting better hbu"

"Mmm Nia I have to ask you something..."

"Shoot" I replied back nervous, what if he didn't wanna talk to me anymore?, what if he thought I was ugly? A billion thoughts flooded my mind. After a minute or so of him typing he replied and I swear my heart stopped.

"I think I've gotten so lucky with you. I honestly think your so out of my league with your absolutely beautiful looks and incredible personality Nia. You are just the best and i can trust you. I feel so amazing being with you and you truly are an amazing person. I never want to be without you..."

"Will you be my girl?"

"Yes" I replied, my heart racing.

I am happy to say that my one and only lover will be helping me write our story from now on anything like longish from "Damian" will be genuine. Thank you all for reading and enjoy

Nia xx