Chapter 12: Small Solutions

Welcome back to Sandman everybody:). I'm glad that you're enjoying the story. Anyway please remember to VOTE and COMMENT it means a lot to me plus I like chatting with you guys in the comments:). XOXO BUTTERBALL

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Samantha-

"Mom, I have something important to ask you," I said.

Currently, I was at home sitting at the kitchen table, trying to get through a mountain of homework that had been given to me.

I swear it's like teachers think we have only their class.

"Okay, you can ask a question but not the ones on your homework," my mom told me as she washed dishes.

I bit my lip and let out a deep breath, "What would you do if you found out one day that dad was like, Gareth? Not human I mean?"

My mom stopped washing dishes as she turned to me. "Is this a question for Game Theory or something?" She asked me frowning.

I nodded, "Yeah it's something like that," I mumbled.

My mom sighed but after a moment she spoke, "I'd be pissed of course, but I'd also have to stop and wonder why he didn't tell me. He more than likely had his own reasons for doing it, so I would want to hear his side of the story. If the reason he had for keeping it a secret is a good one then I wouldn't have a reason to be mad anymore, but if it's a load of crap out the door he goes."

I smiled, "Thank you for the help mom," I told her as I gave her a hug.

My mom chuckled as she turned slightly to look at me, "Of course honey. By the way, Tera has some time off this weekend and she was wondering if you wanted to have a girls day out with me and her."

"Yeah, I'd love to is it okay if I invite one of my friends from school?" I asked.

"Sure, I don't see why not."

I grinned as I went back to doing my homework. Since tomorrow was a weekend it was best to get it done now, than do it when I could have free time.

That night I didn't take my sleeping pills and instead chose to stay up, rather than risk another round with Theo in my dreams.

I looked away from my TV when I heard the flapping of wings. I saw a pure, white dove land on the edge of my bed.

I frowned, "How did you get in here little guy?" I asked it.

The dove looked straight at me then it hopped down off of my bed. I heard this odd chiming sound like a small clock bell ringing and a moment later Nathan was suddenly in my room, standing where the dove had been only moments earlier.

"N-Nathan, why are you in my room?! How did you do that?!" I asked him in a hushed tone. My parents were sleeping right downstairs.

He let out a small chuckle, "Please, Sam one question at a time," he told me.

He smiled at me then sat down on the edge of my bed. "I'm here because you're not asleep. When a person isn't asleep for an abnormal reason it's my job to know why and help them fall asleep," he whispered.

I crossed my arms as I watched him, "So, you already know when my insomnia is making me its bitch? Why do you even ask then?" I asked him.

Nathan gave me a small, sad, smile, "I ask because I care," he told me.

He sighed then patted the bed next to him, "Here lie down, I know what's worrying you and I know how to get rid of it."

I laid down on the bed and a moment later Nathan began cuddling me.

I glanced at him, "How does this help me sleep?" I asked him.

"I'll be able to keep, Theo away from you this way. He wouldn't dare show up in your dreams if thinks I'm going to interfere," Nathan told me.

"But what about my parents? How are you going to explain this to them?" I whispered.

"Truth be told, people wake up when I decide so I'll just wake your parents up after I leave. Speaking of parents I won't be in town this Saturday, my mom let borrow the car to go visit dad," he told me as he stroked my hair.

I frowned as I snuggled up closer to Nathan. Nathan's dad, Ash had been in jail while Nathan's mom was pregnant with him and he hadn't been out since.

"I have one more question, do your parents know about your powers and what you do?" I asked him as I held back a yawn.

Nathan was silent for a moment but after a second or two, he spoke, "My mom has no clue so it makes it hard sometimes, doing what I do. But my dad is fully aware, he's the one who did this to me after all," he told me softly.