Prologue

"Get out of there Skye, you don't have much time," called agent Hood as he boarded the chopper waiting on the roof.

"Hold on, Hood, I'll be there in a moment. I have a bit of a problem to deal with. Give me 30 seconds," replied Skye Sparks as she approached her problem.

"20. Now get moving," shouted agent Hood before the line went dead.

Skye approached the other figure in the building. He also moved forward and soon Skye was face to face with Blake Hemmings.

"Hello, Sparks. It's been a while, how've you been?" asked Blake with a charming smile as he stroked her jawline with his rough fingers. Skye moved her head back and her body followed.

"What the hell are you doing here, Hemmings?" Retorted Skye, knowing that she was running out of time.

"I care about you, you know that," said Blake, smirking. Skye spat at his feet and stared deep into his eye.

"Like hell!" She yelled before throwing a kick, which caught him off guard, and landed against his muscular chest. He stumbled backwards and Skye took off.

"You'll pay for this Skylar Sparks," yelled Blake as he watched Skye ascend the stairs, and waited for the sound of the helicopter to leave the concrete above. What he didn't know was that Skye wasn't on it. He sat for a while thinking about what had happened.

He thought about the way Skye spat at him, the way her long, straight, black-brown hair fell far down her back, even though it was tied up. He thought about his enemy for a while.

"Skylar," he whispered, and started smiling at the sound of his voice saying her name gently, softly.

There was a clattering above and he saw Skye coming back down the stairs from where she was hiding. She came up to him and hauled him to his feet and leant into his ear.

"Let's finish this," she whispered and stepped back quickly, pushing him slightly. Blake smirked.

"As you please," he said calmly and positioned himself for the oncoming blow of Skye's fist. He couldn't hurt her and didn't mind taking a punch to let her get away. Her hand landed and Blake stumbled backwards. His nose bled a lot and he covered the red liquid with his hands.

"Sh*t Skye. What the hell? You've been training?" He was surprised that she had the capability to hurt him to this extreme.

"What? Am I not allowed to?" She replied extending her long leg at his rib and it collided. She knew this wouldn't break anything but it would cause him to pass out within a minute. Blake let out a horrific scream and all of a sudden his blood stained nose didn't bother him. He crunched down and grabbed his side.

"Goddamnit Skye! Where'd you learn how to kick..." His voice trailed off as his eyelids flickered close.

"The best kind of enemy taught me," she replied to the unconscious body. She took the time to take in the sight of what she was capable of doing to someone, then turned to leave. "And I've told you, it's Sparks."