Chapter 4

- Skye's POV -

"Skye, would you please just slow down?" Blake asked, pushing past people to catch up with me.

Finding my way to the back room, he finally caught up. I took a seat on the red velvet couch whilst Blake closed the door and seated himself on the black stool. The colours of the room distracted me from the awkward silence. Everything was either black, white or red. I noticed how all of the colours managed to fade into one another, even though they were split quite definitely. My thoughts were interrupted by a voice I know too well.

"Skylar, we have to make this work. I know you don't want it, but it's for them," Blake gently whispered.

"I know, and that's why I'm doing it. This is strictly business Mr. Hemmings and I..."

"Wait Skye, if this is gonna work, we need to talk about what we call each other. For some reason, I think couples go on first name bases."

"Ok, fine. B-Blake I am doing this as I was instructed to do so and I..."

"Stop," he interrupted again, "speak to me like I am your friend. You have to at least try and make it believable that we're together. Now, try again, but this time, with some personality and emotion."

"Ugh. Blake, honey, Jaspar Clifford has never asked me to be part of such a mission before and I don't want you to blow it. I am asking you, as your "girlfriend", to please get your act together, and do this for me, for us," I finished, batting my eylids.

"That's more like it. Babe, you have to stop thinking about me like that. You know this means a lot to me too and..." In one swift motion I was behind Blake with a knife to his throat.

"Call me babe one more time and I will tear you apart little by little. I will accept honey, darling, hun, Skye, or anything else that doesn't involve the words babe or baby. But, if those words leave your mouth to address me, you don't even want to know what I will do with you," I hissed in his ear before resuming to my position on the couch. I looked over and his expression was priceless. He looked like he's seen a ghost.

"What were you saying?" I asked sweetly, secretly proud of my obvious dominance in this situation.

Slowly, I noticed his expression of fear turned into that million dollar smirk and his eyes went all seductive on me.

"Well, sexy, I was just saying how I can't wait to start work with you." He winked and I felt the blush spread through my cheeks. Not knowing what to do I go up to leave but was stopped by an unwanted hand on my wrist, pulling me back from the door.

"Skylar, look, I'm sorry. You know how I can be. Can we please just talk like civil human beings? I won't make you blush till you're scarlet and you won't threaten to kill me after every sentence. Please, Skye, we need to work this out," he begged, looking me dead in the eyes. The world felt as though it stopped spinning for a moment. I couldn't tell if I was looking at Blake or staring into the ocean. His eyes. God did I want to hate him, but those damn eyes.

"One blush, and I'm out," I warned, finally breaking our gaze.

"Great, deal, done, please sit down."

"Don't tell me what to do, Blake."

"Skye, threats. I can back out as easy as you, you know."

"Yeah, but you don't want to."

"Who said anything about that? Maybe I hate you and this was all an act from the beginning. What if I'm using it to lure you in so I can eventually betray you."

"Please, you couldn't hurt a fly."

"Oh, was I not the one who almost broke your arm when we first met?"

"Almost, you almost broke my arm. You were also the guy who ran from the second fight."

"Maybe that's because the building was falling down."

"Or maybe it's was because you were scared."

"Hey, you ran as well."

"I didn't run..." I froze and memories of that fight came flashing back to me.

--flashback--

"Help me, please, someone. I can't breathe," I wheezed. Another timber beam fell to the floor and I let out I high pitched squeal. I was only 19 and it was my 3rd minor mission.

I'm too young to die, I can't go yet. I have my whole life ahead of me. Please just not yet.

"SKYE, SKYLAR CAN YOU HEAR ME?" Came a distant call. I vaguely recognised the voice, but didn't have enough air in me to reply.

Before I blacked out I noticed an almost familiar figure approach me. It was a man, a boy, around my age. I couldn't recognise who he was. And soon enough, my vision went from blurry to black.

--flashback ends--

"Skye." Blake snapped his fingers in front of me and I came back to the real world.

"Th-that that that that guy, Blake. That man, the boy, the one from the fire. The night, the day, I'm so sorry. I didn't know, Blake I'm sorry," I stuttered. For the first time in forever I let Blake see me in my most vulnerable state. I broke down crying and fell to the floor. Within a second he was by my side, hugging me, comforting me.

"Skylar, look at me. What are you trying to say? Slow down, speak to me. What's wrong?"

"It was you, Blake. You saved me in that fire. The second time I saw you. You saved my life Blake, and I have never even thought about being nice to you. I am so sorry, Blake. I owe you more than an apology. You could have died, why would you do that, what, how, you," I stammered over my words but never got to finish my sentence because Blake's lips connected with mine. It was a gentle kiss. Our mouths moved in sync and I kissed him back. He pulled away, slowly, after about ten seconds. His eyes focused on mine and he cupped my face with his hands. Our foreheads pressed together and his barely audible reply whispered, "That's why."

A/N: Blake Hemmings is played by Francisco Lachowski, who doesn't have blue eyes, but just go with it :)