Chapter 3

- Skye's POV -
"Are you f*cking kidding me?" I shouted.

"Skye, he can probably hear you," Liana hissed.

"Ugh," I groaned, plopping on a couch in the room we had quickly moved to.

Liana had excused us from Blake so she could explain to me what was happening.

"Liana Sophie Badger, answer me, are you joking?" I asked, my expression and tone telling her that I was dead serious.

"Skye, you know I hate being called my full name."

"Answer me."

"No, I'm not. I am being dead serious. You guys are working together for your next mission, I've told you already."

"Liiii," I whined. Out of everyone in the world, Blake Hemmings had to be my partner. I didn't really believe him when he had told me in the lift.

"Sorry Skye, but Liam was asked by Jaspar Clifford to invite him. The Jaspar Clifford," she said, with emphasis on the word 'the'. "You know how serious that would be. You'll be okay," Liana said, trying to calm me down.

"Okay! Whatever! Fine! I don't think I have a choice anyway. So what exactly do we need to do?" I asked.

Liana's face changed completely, she looked down at the white rug she was currently standing on, before proceeding to fiddle with her fingers.

"Li?"

"Oh yes, uh um right. Liam will explain that to you. You, I mean we, should probably get back to um Blake now," she flashed a smile. I could tell it was fake though, I've been her friend forever and we've been extremely close. She should know I could see right through her. Something is definitely up, and it was definitely not a good thing.

-----------------

"WE WHAT?" I screeched, extremely angry about the mission.

"I'm okay with that," Blake smirked. "If Skye is, I mean."

"Skye, you have to be lovers. And you are going to be living together, we have the house for you," Liam explained.

"No no no no no I'm not doing it," I said, frantically shaking my head. "And don't say that name. I know he asked us to do this," I spoke, jaw clenched.

"Skye," Liam said seriously.

"Liam Hood. We have more important things to worry about right now. Did you not hear that? I think something's up, I'm gonna go check it out."

"Skylar! Stop! You have to do this, stop trying to avoid it. There's nothing wrong, I know you're lying. Skye, you know that I know you very well," Liam said, frustrated. "Please Skye."

"You know I would do it with anyone. But him. Anyone but him. Why did you have to recruit Blake?"

"You do realise I'm right here right?" Blake questioned.

"Yes, I do. And I don't care so shut up."

"We need him okay?"

"Why couldn't it be you? Or Marcus? You know, this whole thing would've been so much easier."

"That would've been nice, yeah. Then I wouldn't have to deal with you and your annoying little stubborn self. I'm kidding, love you Skye. Um what was I saying? Oh yeah, but that's not the case. Mark, Li, and I are working the next case together. It's big Skye."

"Well right now, I hate you all," I said, trying to glare at them, but Liam and Li just laughed.

"Skye, please?"

"Ugh. You know what? Fine. I'll do it. For you guys. I am such a great friend," I laughed.

"Thank the Lord Skye!" Liam and Liana exclaimed at the same time.

"We'll leave you guys to bond, no one is in the back room. Go there, luv ya Skye," Liana said, winking. She walked towards me for a hug, muttering into my neck. "Good luck Skye."

"I hate you," I whispered jokingly.

"Bye Skyeeee," Liam cooed, laughing.

"Ugh," I groaned, before walking off to the back room without waiting for Blake. He can get lost or leave for all I care.