The Untold, Becomes Known

"Reports of the serial killings in Kansas City keep flooding into the station, yet the killer still remains unknown. Five killings have been reported this week: three were males in their late thirties and two females in their late twenties. All were murdered in almost the same way, stomachs slit with intrails hanging out partially. Each murder scene also had a message written in each victims blood which said, "Sweeter Than Pie." You may be asking yourself a lot of questions like, "When will the killer strike again?" and, "When will the killer show themselves?" but I'll assure you, when the answers are revealed you'll be the first to know, you're listening to 101.2 fm. Have a good evening and stay safe."

I laughed at the announcer, with a knowing of who the killer was.

It was me.

It was Saturday, my day off. I was heading to the record store to pick up some vinyls that I've been collecting. But the record store is also my go to place to hear all the latest gossip on the people around town. Or the place where I learn about my next victim.

I arrived at the old building, with a glowing neon sign on the front that read "Rocky's Records." I parked my car in the front parking space, which is almost always empty.

I entered the store, followed by a chime of bells that was hanging over the door.

"Hey, Deano! Lookin for some more music?" I looked over to see Garth, a scrawny, little man always happy or always has a smile when I see him.

"Yeah. I don't know what I'm in the mood for, so I'm just gonna look around." I said while walking to the 'Rock' section.

I shuffled some of the records looking for something that might interest me, but nothing stood out. As I was still shuffling through the many records, I heard a chime of bells, another customer.

I looked up to see a dark haired guy in a tan almost beige leather jacket, dark blue jeans, and black boots. I couldn't really see the color of his shirt because his jacket was almost completely zipped.

Garth greeted him and the guy nodded in response. He started walking in my direction, and I could tell he was looking for something in particular. I tried to focus on the records, but I wanted to get a better look at his face.

Next thing I knew he was standing right beside me.

"Excuse me." He said, barely loud enough to hear.

He started shuffling through the records right next to the shelf I was looking through.

I watched secretly as he picked out a Led Zeppelin and Warrant record.

"He's got some good taste in music." I thought to myself.

But apparently, he noticed me looking.

"Oh, I'm sorry did you want this one?" He said holding up the Led Zeppelin record. I could finally see his face, his eyes were so blue. And his face was innocent, almost like a child, but he had slightly high cheek bones, which was weird to see on a face like his.

"Oh, nah. Already have that one, it's good." I said trying to seem friendly.

"Yeah, I really like classic rock. I travel a good bit, but I like to have a collection at home." He said looking back down at the shelves.

"I want him." I thought to myself.