The Meeting

I sighed as I walked into Starbucks. Some of the jocks from school were sitting in the corner, laughing and talking loudly as if they were sitting in a v.i.p. spot. Marcus their 'leader' was with them (I hate the whole lot of them but I really hate Marcus) They all acted like the world revolved around them.

"Jerks" I whispered under my breath as I got in line. When I was third in line, a boy walked in which made the jocks fall silent. Louis Tomlinson. He just moved here, he took a moment to glare at the boys in the corner. I'll admit it. I fancy him a bit, but if you think about it...Who doesn't? He's tall, he has a lip ring, and the tips of his quiff are dyed magenta. Plus his eyes are a striking blue. Butterflies filled my stomach as he stood behind me.

"Excuse me?" he says, I turn around to face him

"Er, you're Alex right?" he asks with an edge of nervousness. 

"Yes I am, hi. And are you Louis?" I asked, I knew his name. I was cautious, he had been known to let his temper get the best of him.

"Yes, Hi. What's good here? Where I come from, we don't have Starbucks." He asked with a grin.

"He seems nice enough." I thought

"You didn't have Starbucks?! Wow. well I like the Caramel macchiato" I said

"Alright! Then that's what I'll get!" he said with a smile, it seemed like his eyes smiled with him.

I stepped up and ordered my drink and just when I was putting my hand in my purse to pay, Louis stopped me. 

"I'll pay for the lovely lady" he said to the cashier as he flashed another smile.

My cheeks heated up as I said "No, there is no need."

"Nonsense!" he said as he handed the money to the cashier.

"Thank you." I said as I looked him in the eyes.

He smiled again as I stood next to the line and waited for him. I had offered to pay for his drink but he wouldn't allow it. He paid for himself and joined me as we walked to a table. The boys in the corner still quiet.

"Why do they act that way around you?" I asked quietly as I looked over at them.

"Their 'leader', Marcus, bumped me. But he tried to make me apologize. So I hit him. We got into a fight...and well...I won" he said looking at Marcus with a smirk.

"I'm glad you did, Marcus treats girls like trash" when I said this Louis' jaw tightened and his smirk turned into a glare as he stared at Marcus.

"You okay?" I asked, worried that he was going to explode into a fit of anger.

"Yes, I'm fine" He said but his fist tightened.

"Louis! Relax, we don't need you getting arrested for attacking someone in the middle of Starbucks!" I laughed, in a bit of panic. To my relief his fist and jaw unclenched and he smiled but he was still eyeing Marcus. After I had finished my coffee I stood up.

"I'd better go, it was nice talking to you Louis" I said, He got up too.

"You too, maybe we could do it again sometime?" he asked, his blue eyes hopeful.

"Defiantly" I said as I waved and walked out. I pulled out my phone and texted everything that just happened to my best friend Sarah.

Maybe this badboy wasn't so bad...