Chapter 3: Make the (BEST) WORST of it

"Please stay, Im begging you...Please don't do this" My voice cracking from shouting a couple of times, begging for her to stay. I grabbed her wrist making her jolt me. Maybe she's not worth the risk after all.

"I can't do this anymore Pete fucking stop trying and let me go....I-i lied, I don't love you! I did it because of my dad, shouldn't you see that by now?"
She cried, trying to take off the death grip I held on her. What? I-i no I love her I shouldn't just let her go....or should I? And again for a hundred time my weak heart is broken by a girl whom I protected like fragile. It was us against the world but I think right now it's just me alone. I should never trust anyone. With one last look at her, my expression soften and then and there I know the hurt in my feelings is evident on my face.

She ran away from me as if I'm some kind of danger, slamming the door to my face. My parents was right all along, she was using me. They'd do anything to keep us apart. I don't want to applaud to that arranged marriage they set up. Never. In a swift move I gathered my stuff placing it in my satchel and made my way home not giving a fuck if I lock that damned apartment I bought for us.

I drove like I was in a high-speed chase. I just want to go home and lay in my bed all day. What caught my eye was a burning taxicab on the side of the road. I drove closer to it and got off my car and like the curious cat I am right now, I walk towards it.

The police making a man-barricade.
I was shocked at what I saw. The girl I loved that ran away from me, from everything we had. In a burning taxicab. I screamed trying to get pass the police. I couldn't save her. I saw a ghost of smile on her lips like she was saying goodbye. She doesn't deserve this. When I got pass the restraining hands of the police men it was too late. The car bursts into flames that made us all thrown back and it exploded. The tears in my eyes can't be prevented. I feel weak. I shouldn't have let her go. If it wasn't for me she should be alive and well.

Memories came flooding back at me. It haunts my dreams, making it hard to sleep. It just fueled my anger more. Being on a in-house visit by my mother wasn't nice at all. That little plot that my dad pulled, I could never forgive them. I slammed my hands on the table angrily. I regret not doing anything bad for the facility to punish me and not give me an in-house visit. She just looks at me as if she expected it. Moments later I just sat there, listening to all her blabber about how I'm going to run the family business someday and how I should act more mature than I am. I couldn't let anything just slip away, it wouldn't let me go. This is what's wrong with my family. They provide and give like how they're supposed to. An automatic. It's like a machine operated to do one thing; it doesn't have feelings and it could careless to anyone. Maybe I was the problem, maybe the answers are hiding in plain sight. What's more is that they always and I mean always compare me to my cousin who they say is in rebellion. They just don't get how people change. And it's not rebellion wanting to mask your eyes with black eyeliner, it's a sense of being. At least when doing that, I learned to intimate people and fit in my little world.

"Are you done now? We've been through this shit like a million times" I huff at her. Call me disrespectful but you'll be the one irritated and confused if you were in my shoes.

"Um--Peter shut your disgraceful mouth! I am your mother! And no not until you quit your act"She retort. I pulled a sarcastic smile on my lips. Should I annoy her more so that she can leave?

"Fine. Make it quick, my ears aren't delighted by your voice"I told her and she just ignored my attitude. She continues to tell me the happenings outside this facility, the usual really.

And as if on cue our one-sided conversation was done but my depression is kicking in. I need to stop thinking about it. I was accompanied back to the activity room. My eyes scan and lands involuntarily on the girl named Blythe. There's something about her. No matter how gloomy this facility feels and looks like, her eyes shine through. Those hazel brown eyes. Her laugh echoes the room as she sprinkles glitters on that tall gay guy, Taylor and he shoves her playfully. Arts is the most fun anyone could have here besides foundation day. I wanna go talk to her but...I can't. Our eyes meet, making me aware that I'm awkwardly standing near the door. I just smiled at her and carried on to sit next to the window and do whatever the heck we need for Arts time. She approaches me.