Chapter Twelve

“What do you want, Stiles? It’s my day off. I’m trying to stay away from anything that requires me getting off my bed.” I snapped, leaning back on my pillows.

“Look, Osiris. Just hear me out. Scott is gone somewhere, and I can’t find him, so you need to help me. I’m gonna go see what the hell is going on with Lydia, and I need you to come. I’ll stop by in about five minutes.” He informed, before hanging up.

I stared at the phone, slamming it down on the bed before stomping up to my closet. I threw on a pair of jeans, a black long-sleeve, and some leopard-print flats, not really attempting to dress up. I tamed my hair, letting it fall down in waves and put a bit of makeup, since I looked like death in the flesh. A car honked outside, and I ran outside, climbing into Stiles’ jeep.

“I fucking loathe you.” I glared at him.

He rolled his eyes. “Get over yourself.”

He took off towards Lydia’s house, while I sulked in my seat. This day was just getting worse. Today was the only day I had time to relax, without having to worry about work or my second life in the supernatural world of werewolves. I had been planning to catch up on a few shows and on my drawing and reading, but that wouldn't be happening by the looks of it.

I was not surprised when we arrived at a very fancy looking, Tuscan-style house with a perfectly groomed garden at the front. Three expensive cars were parked outside; perfect image. I followed Stiles up to the door, just in time to see a slender light-brown haired woman opening the door.

“Can I help you?” She smiled.

“We’re Lydia’s friends, Stiles and Osiris. We just wanted to check up on her.” Stiles explained.

The woman nodded, letting us in. “Of course. Follow me.”

She led us up the stairs and towards a room in the back of the hall. She knocked on the door before stepping inside. “Honey, there’s a Stiles and an Osiris here to see you.”

Lydia was thrown on her bed, laying on her belly while examining her newly manicured nails with a lazy attitude. “What the hell is a ‘stiles and an osiris’?”

Her mother turned towards us, sighing. “She took a little something to ease her nerves. You can…you can go in.”

“Thanks.” I nodded.

We walked inside, Lydia’s mom closing the door behind her. We stood at the foot of her bed, and Lydia turned around, a calculating look on her face.

“What are you doing here?” She asked, putting a hand on her hip.

Stiles hesitated, before speaking up. “I was just making sure you were okay.”

“Hmm.” Lydia hummed, before turning around.

She suddenly faced us, patting the bed for Stiles. “Why?”

Stiles chuckled, before sitting down. “Because I was worried about you today. How are you feeling?”

Lydia grabbed his left bicep, running her hand up and down his arm. I raised an eyebrow, watching Stiles get very nervous, a thin film of sweat already forming on his forehead.

“Ooh. I feel…fantastic.” She purred, her face mere inches from him.

I spotted the pills on her night stand, walking up and snatching them. “Oh! What…I bet you can’t say, uh, ‘I saw Suzy sittin’ in a shoeshine shop’ ten times fast.”

She raised an eyebrow at me, before talking. “I saw Shuzy…”

“Uh…” I smirked.

She furrowed her eyebrows, before trying again. “I shaw…”

I chuckled, placing the bottle back in the night stand beside a stuffed giraffe. The vial was half full, meaning she had taken a pretty sizable dosage. The little experiment had just confirmed that. This girl was high up in the sky, and it would be a while until she came down.

Suddenly, she slumped down, her eyes glazing over. “I saw…”

Stiles leaned down, touching her hand. “What? Lydia, what did you see?”

“Something.” She said softly.

I frowned. “Something like…Like a mountain lion?”

“A mountain lion.” She nodded slightly.

“Are you sure you saw a mountain lion, or are you saying that because that’s what the police told you?” Stiles asked.

“A mountain lion.” She stated.

I narrowed my eyes, before grabbing the giraffe on the night stand and holding it up. “What’s this?”

“A mountain lion.” She nodded, her strawberry blonde hair bouncing wildly.

“Okay.” I rolled my eyes.

Stiles shook his head. “You’re so drunk.”

Lydia slumped down, her head falling on Stiles’ lap. His mouth fell slack, gasping. “Oh, my…”

He stood up quickly, letting her lay down on the bed, and walking hurriedly towards the door. “Uh. I’ll let you get back to that whole post-traumatic stress thing.”

“Mmm. Stay.” Lydia whispered, closing her eyes.

Stiles turned around, perking right up at the words. I shook my head. Typicall teenage boy.

“Me? Stay? You want me to stay?” He widened his eyes.

She looked seductively up at him, nodding. “Mmm-hmm.”

Stiles shot to the bed and sat down, looking at her with adoring eyes. She scooted closer to him, smirking seductively at him. Meanwhile, I watched from the corner, waiting for her to say something that would actually help us.

“Yes, please.” She whispered, smiling at him and grabbing his thigh. “Stay.”

Stiles breathed heavily as she cupped his face, running her hands down his neck. “Please. Jackson…”

I almost laughed at Stiles' annoyed expression when she said the words. “And…we’re done here.”

Lydia fell asleep with a definite thud, her hair fanning out around her. Her phone rang, startling us for a few seconds, and Stiles picked it up.

“It’s a text.” He informed, examining the screen.

Suddenly, his eyes widened, and he brought the phone closer, looking intently at the phone. I snatched it and watched as a video played. It was from the video store on the night of the murder. It captured as some creature broke through the front window, and I stopped it midway, capturing the perfect image of a gruesome creature with menacing red eyes. Dark fur covered every part of its body except the muzzle, which was adorned by a pair of extremely sharp fangs. At its paws, claws peeked out between the fur, and with closer inspection, I saw blood on them.

“Oh, my God. It’s the Alpha.” I whispered.

 Author's Note:

And another chapter is here! Bear with me guys. The action will come soon. Trust me, I want to start writing the good stuff too but we have to get through these few chapters first. Have a good night, lovelies!

- Cece