The Glimpse

"Love is not blind. We are."

----------------------------

. . .

. . . .Why?

Seeing how astonished I am, Yi Ahn immediately stepped in front of me with his arms widely spread from side to side. He weakly stooped his head down and sighed hopelessly at the sight.

"가 (go)..", he uttered with his voice sounding unusually thick. Yet then, my feet were both stuck and unable to move from its place. Until without notice, a solitary tear descended from my left eye. Followed by another one... And another one. But these tears, although I am aware of the statement I've once voiced back then, and despite the fact that I've sworn those words... Why?

Flashbacks started to come into view inside my head as tears kept on flowing from my eyes.

(*Flashback*)

Yi Ahn and I were inside the small coffee shop near my university when Min Joon, all of a sudden, called me by phone and told me that we should meet after my class ends. I almost am excited about the fact that we'll be able to see each other again yet, a thought suddenly popped out from nowhere in my mind which soon made me feel discouraged.

I remembered my professor telling us yesterday that we have our deadlines for our thesis papers and it's going to be tonight at 8 in the evening. I'm studying law in an ordinary law school here in the state of New York, and studying such things in a law school has never been so easy, if you only know how hard it is. So there's no way for me to malinger or do something stupid right now, especially since this year is already my last year taking Bachelor's degree.

And yes, you heard that right. Both of us, Kang Min Joon and I, our family, and some very few friends are living here in the U.S. as permanent residents, including my best friend Han Yi Ahn, whose now in the midst of taking his Master's degree at an early age of 23. For some reason, I don't actually know and I can't understand how come he's promoted that fast either. Well, some friend he is.

"뭐?! 야 애영아~ 그 너무 많이 있어! 야-- (what?! hey, Ae Young~ that's too much! hey--)", he raised his voice in displeasure. He missed me. I do too. But although we both live and study in the same state, having time with each other is limited. Like me, he's also busy studying in his university. He's taking business management, and unfortunately, was enrolled to the other college there is. That is why time is, believe it or not, has been a matter of 'luck' for the both of us since then.

"I know! But it's also my priority to get things done. What do you want me to do then?! *sigh...민준아, 제발 (Min Joon, please)..", my voice cracked as these words started choking a part of me inside. Maybe he didn't understand, or maybe he really didn't. Because If it's already getting harder for him to deal with this situation were going through, to me it's much more harder than anything. Consistently, I'm always hoping every single day to see him, to feel him standing beside me. But he isn't the only person existing within the sphere of my priority. I also have my family to take care of not just him.

Shortly after which, tears began rolling down my cheeks. I felt so wretched. I mean, sure, of course I love him. I love him so, so much but that doesn't mean my world should spin only around him. Why can't he understand it?

". . . Ae-Ae Young? Are you.. Crying now?", he worriedly spoke, conscience-stricken as he is. I tried covering my mouth with the back of my hand but as soon as I did, a low gasp escaped my lips. He then wrapped his strong, manly arms around my shoulders and started caressing my back.

"Was it Min Joon again? ... *sigh, it's alright, I'm here. I won't leave you.", He softly whispered unto my ear, his head rested on top of mine.

Yi Ahn, I don't remember him acting like this even before. We fight a lot, by all means. And by fight, I mean the sternly sort. But him acting like this is.. right now... it just doesn't feel like him. It felt.. different.

(*End of Flashback*)