The New Beginning?

*Flashback several years ago...

"Hey, aren't you planning on having a boyfriend or something yet?", I asked her while we're both laying over the green grass, and she was beside me with her hands resting on her stomach as she was looking at the stars shining brightly from above.

This is it. I'm not turning my back now.

I'm going to tell her. It doesn't matter if she wouldn't like me back anymore. The only thing that matters right at this point is that I'm sure about what I feel for her and I'm willing to prove it to her no matter what.

"*Sigh...", she began.

"I'm not sure about that yet.", she said and glanced at me with her eyes glittering due to the bright moon shining above us. I swallowed when I noticed her eyes staring at me as silence between us began to occur, her cheeks blushing slightly while the cold wind touches our skin.

"Why?", I quietly asked. She then glanced back at the sky and bit the corner of her lip.

"It's just... um, I don't know if i'm ready yet.", she stated.

"Well, how'd you know you're not ready if you haven't even tried it?", I teased, but she looked so serious right now. I wonder what she's thinking...

. . . .

"You know, why don't you try it. I-I mean, like, date someone and give it a shot if something goes right. Right?", nudging her by the arm with my own, I rolled my body slightly to the side to face her, my arm bent underneath my head like a pillow.

"And who am I going to date, huh?", she began to raise her right brow at me and crossed her arms up to her chest, perhaps expecting me to say nothing. Which, if that's exactly would be the case, she's wrong.

"Uhhhhh... I don't know. I mean, if there isn't any, then... I'm here.", I joked, followed by a short giggle if I even really considered that as a plain ol' joke that everyone could just laugh at, even her. I wish I do, but I don't.

"What do you mean?", it was only quite unfortunate that she didn't have that kind of mind that could keep up with my outstanding humor. *Sigh, this girl.

"I said, if there's no one to date with, then... date me.", having been able to repeat myself, I flashed a wide, smile-of-confidence in front of her as I moved my brows up and down. And you can guess what happens next.

"W-WH-WHAT?! Are you serious?!!", now, that is the loudest reaction you can ever get from a girl friend. She then sat up with her face looking as if she's been told that she'd just won a lottery that is worth a million bucks... but then realized that the money was fake. Such a priceless reaction, indeed. Ha ha.

But at the same time, that made me jump out of bewilderment as well.

"W-What? Can't both friends be dating though? is that not allowed?", I reasoned, making her give me a look of suspicion for a little longer than expected.

Right then, I knew I screwed up big time. If this plan doesn't work out well, I swear to the god of the sea, Yi Ahn, I'm going to kill you.