The Occurrence

"One lie is enough to question all truths."

----------------------------------------------

(*Flashback about a month ago*)

"Hey, Ae Young-ah! Let's walk together!", Yi Ahn cheerfully waved at me after I turned my back to face him. As I did, I instantly saw a wide, warm smile plastered on his face.

Today's Friday and both me and this guy are planning to hang out with Su Jong at the nearby coffee shop for a little while since, *sighhhhh~ it's been a month or two since the three of us were able to relax for a little bit outside the campus. Most of the time, the three of us would just walk home together and do our projects together in either of our homes we three, are living in. As of now though, Su Jong can't walk with us since she has an appointment to go to.

"Aigoooo~ What's with all that smile?", I asked.

"Nothing, why? Should there always be a reason for smiling widely? Hmm? I don't really think so.", he giggled at his own thoughts, hooking his heavy arm around my shoulders afterwards. I shook my head at him and let out a half-suppressed laugh in response.

Well, his sarcasm isn't very surprising. Pft.

"By the way, umm... How are things going on with you and, you know, Min Joon?", hesitation flew out within his voice as he quietly opened up the topic. My smile instantly faded as soon as I glanced up at him thinking about that person.

*Sigh, I wish i could tell him something good going on between Min Joon and I but... these days it's just hard to pretend that everything's going fine. I mean, it's not that I'm saying that Min Joon and I fought again because we didn't. Well at least, not as bad as we used to before that certain incident happened.

Right now I just feel empty because he isn't replying to my texts. I've been sending him text since yesterday afternoon but.. I'm not really sure if he's ignoring it or he's really just busy to read it all. *Sigh.

"Why? .. Is there something wrong?"

"..."

"Did.. something happened?"

"..."

"Hey, why aren't you answering me? ... Ah wait, did he just hurt you then?! Are you hurting somewhere?!", after a few unanswered questions from me, he finally stopped from his tracks and jumped in front of me. His brows creased as he planted his big, heavy (heavy for me, at least!) hands over my shoulders while peeking at my face.

Ugh... now he's over reacting.

"No, he didn't~ What makes you think he'd do that? Gosh..", I rolled my eyes at him and shoved his hands on my shoulders to the side.

"Ehh... Because he's a jerk?", He suddenly blurted which instantly made me throw harsh glare at him and shook my head afterwards.

"W-what? Am I not right-- AWW!! C'mon~! Tsk. I was just joking, alright? Aish.", for the second time around, I rolled my eyes at him who's now gently rubbing his right arm that just turned bright red from having my palm land on it a few seconds ago.

How dare him call Min Joon a jerk, ugh! He really better be just kidding or else, *sigh... just because the two of us kept having arguments and this and that, it doesn't mean that he's already a jerk. Ugh, goodness. Some friend you are, Yi Ahn.

"Hey, seriously though. What happened?", He brought up the question again as we continued to walk. Right then, flashbacks from what happened four days ago started to come into view.