Chapter 6: Carnival

Harper River will you go on a date with me?

Wait did he?

I wanted to say no in the bottom of my heart. But I kept thinking it over in my head. Yeah I've only know him for a week. And it seems like stuff is moving too quickly but he's a nice guy after all and it was only ONE date. It might not even lead to anything.

"Yes, I will. But it does not mean anything serious, I haven't known you that long. Anyway yes."

The cheesy grin on his face makes me happy that I didn't say no, boy that would be awkward.

We started making our way back to the tents not long after that and I couldn't wait to get into my beautiful dream land I call sleep.

"Harper?" Hayley says rubbing her eyes and yawning.

"Harper? What are you doing where did you go?"

"Oh me and Jake just went for a walk and he asked me out on a date. Goodnight." I say nonchalantly.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHA. OH MY GOSH YOU ARE SERIOUS ARE YOU SERIOUS?" Hayley screams and I think she just woke everybody in a 10 mile radius up.

"Fuck, Hayley why are you screaming?" A agitated Levi asks walking into our tent.

Wow, so much as it was going to be no big deal.

"Well, Jake just asked Harper to go on a date with her apparently now can you all shut up?" A even angrier Emily states.

"Oh, ok bye." He says before walking off. Hm, not the reaction I thought he would have. Then again, I don't know what I was expecting from him.

After everyone settles down I get to sleep the quickest I have ever before.

~*~

When I awake Hayley and Emily are gone from the tent so I get up to go look for them. When I get outside no one is there. Ugh, where is everyone.

"Good morning." Levi says sitting on a log behind me next to what used to be our fire.

"Oh Crap, you scared me. Where is everyone?"

"Aw, looking for your boyfriend?"

He says the words mockingly but also venomous.

"He's not my boyfriend. Im probably just going to get dinner with him. It's gonna be no big deal." I say sitting on the opposite log to him.

"Ha, that's not what I heard. He apparently is going to make a big deal out of it. Hire a limo and the works. Oh, I also saw him buying an engagement ring earlier..."

"WHAT?"

He breaks out in laughter. Wow how did I fall for that one.

"Anyway, we need to go after taking down this tent. The others are already in the car waiting."

I nodded and we started packing up the remains.

~*~

The car ride home was nothing besides awkward. Everyone asking questions about where we are going and it was killing me. I was hoping it wasn't meaning more to him than it was to me.

We got home at 11am so we must of left quite early this morning. When we get back I jump into bed as it was Sunday and it has been a full packed weekend so far, i just wanted to relax today.

"Hey, I was wondering if you would wanna go for dinner today?"

Jake says, confirming it was dinner. Honestly I like more fun dates with meaning to them. But I wasn't going to complain he's a good guy i don't know I keep picking out problems with it.