Chapter 8: Cookie Crimes

"Do not take this as a joke Jake , one of our best friends, has got kidnapped... BY A TEACHER. What are we supposed to do? We cannot phone the police otherwise we are putting our lives and Jake's in danger. What are we supposed to do?" Emily says why crying.

It was true. We was in an unpredictable situation. The only choice any of us could see as smart was getting the necklace back. When I got invited to this school, I finally felt as if I was worth something, as if I could finally tell everyone at school, my old school, that they're not good enough for KWH, yet I am? But, it wasn't because I was special, it was because they wanted to use me.When I was at school back in England, it wasn't a good time for me. The whole school knew who I was. If I turned a corner, people would look at me like I'm some type of freak.

It all started when my Dad went on a mission for MI5. Which if you don't know what it is because for whatever reason , it's the UK's equivalent for the C.I.A. Yep, my Dad was apart of MI5 and I was so proud of him.

Anytime he went on a mission, and he was due back. I would put out a sign saying 'Welcome back Daddy hero!" , I was only about 10 at the time, and have his special homemade brownies that I recreated and put it on our best dishes. I would stand at the door holding my brownies, my mom holding the sign. It became a tradition of ours and we would do it every single time.

But, one day. His usual car never drove up to our house. It was a slick long black car , I'm not quite sure which car exactly as it was the least important thing on my mind. Why was Daddy's car different?Did Daddy get a new car? Is all I remember thinking. A tall man with very short hair, wearing a black suit came out of the car and my mom rushed over to him.

The next thing I know is my Mom on the floor crying, screaming. I started getting goosebumps all over my body. She was shaking, hitting the stoned path beneath her. I dropped the special dish for my Dad, it shattered beneath my feet, and rushed over to her. She started stroking my hair. All she muttered was.

"Daddy's in a better place sweetheart, Daddy's in a better place."

~*~

"Listen, we do not have much choices. We are just going to have to get the pendent ok? It won't be that hard and if we don't get it, I will kill Mr. Murphy and get Jake back myself ok? " Levi half heartedly jokes. Well at-least I hope he is joking.

In the end we all agreed. It was the right thing to do. It would be keeping us and Jake safe, and giving Mr. Murphy what our ancestors promised his.

"We ain't stealing no little cookie dough ice-cream you know? We are stealing a priceless necklass. We need to start practicing ASAP." Hayley states matter of factly.

"Well... Let's start now? It's not like they can expect us to turn up to classes? Let's spend the day practicing, you know... being criminals?" I say excitedly. Yes, I know Jake's life is at stake and that makes my heart skip more than a beat. But I've never been much of a rebel before, so this made me almost excited.

"Okay what the heck, why not. Right? We cannot all go together, it would be more than obvious. Let's split into pairs. We can make it a little competition! What ever pair gets the most stolen goods." Emily smiles.

Yeah, you must be thinking we are all terrible. But I have faith in us getting Jake back.

"Me and Hayley will be a pair, because I know how to control her... energy?So Harper and Levi you are the others. Let's meet back at 5. And for crying out loud, don't get caught because thats the last of our needs right now. Adios!" Emily shouts before dragging Hayley out of the door.

"Are you ready to get your criminal on?" Levi Smirks.

~*~

We just entered the local mall and were arguing about what act of crime to do first.